Author Topic: Why does the U.S.A. HATE Canada so much???  (Read 9398 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The other day I was watching the news and saw a clip about Canadian baseball fans at Dodger Stadium waving a Canadian flag. Dodger Stadium security said that if the flag wasn't put away, the flag wavers would be arrested.

WTF gives here?  Nobody in Canada would be arrested for waving a US flag...  ??? ??? ???

I'm so disappointed with the attitude of the USA concerning the Canadian flag and Canadians in general...

Remember the '92 World Series?  The Canadian flag was flown upside-down at Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta. The organizers of the event said that it was a 'mistake' that the flag was put on the pole upside-down. BS! If a flag is flown upside down, it means 'Distress'. Very disrespectful IMO!

GB

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:59:26 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I really don't know...

I don't have anything against Canada.   I've known several people from Canada and they're nice people.  You seem OK, yourself, for that matter.   :)

Honestly, nobody I know has anything against Canada.  I live in the Southeast United States.  I guess people closer to the border may feel more of a rivalry, possibly?  Maybe somebody from up near the border could clue us in if that's the case.  

I guess in a large enough group, you can find a group of people who hates just about anything you could come up with.  I can't stand Gaffney, South Carolina.  If they gave the world an enema, I'll bet that's where they'd put the tube.   ;D   I lived there for a year and I have a right to say that.  :)  Heck, back right after 9/11 there were groups of Americans who were offended when news anchors continually wore AMERICAN FLAG pins on their lapels.  Go figure.   ???
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Can't we all just get along?

"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...  you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."  John Lennon...

GB

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Mr_Nip/GB,

what could we possibly do in a perfect world? Im from India, so i get to experience everything a foreigner could possible imagine in theUSA (nothing against Americans, just my overall experience) ..u ot to say to yourself 'It takes all kinds of people to make this world' so be it!

Its learning eveyday..and I am glad to have found people like urself on this board, who help each other and we dont even know each other.. isnt that great?

Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
Why does the U.S.A. HATE Canada so much???

because we unfortunately have as many idiots among us as anyone else.  those who rant most about brainwashed unthinking crazy fanatics abroad are usually brainwashed unthinking crazy fanatics themselves, and if your country doesn't sieg heil the current administration and whatever its oil-driven invasion du jour is, well, you must be tools of the antichrist.  surely you have a few people like that yourself.  plus the fact that people are lemmings, and if you exploit a 9-11 kind of event to frighten them into blind obedience and violations of the constitution, a fair number of morons will go along. 

partly the disinterest in world affairs is that being geographically large you're not forced to learn to live with foreign-language-speaking neighbors as much as europe or asia are, and there's also the fact that power corrupts and superpower super-corrupts.  personally i try to go against both those grains, and fortunately we still have a healthy contingent of people like me who think canada, especially if you bother visiting, is a pretty cool place. 

i was overseas and exposed to criticism too, though it was usually very polite.  unfortunately it was also about 95% accurate and not even the full story.  the way i see it is, any country too immature to learn from criticism instead of being offended by it deserves even more, and the one mature enough to listen to it and learn, has nothing to worry about from it. 

i don't like the answer, but that probably covers it. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:25:22 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024