Author Topic: Dr. Lista  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
So I had a consult over the phone today with Lista. They said they could get me in the 2nd of August. He said my stomach will be flatter but I can expect the gyne to look 80% better and not 100%... I'm not sure if I like the sounds of that.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,10968.0.html

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
He said my stomach will be flatter but I can expect the gyne to look 80% better and not 100%...

I'm surprised that Dr. Lista would give you numbers like that. Maybe it's so that you don't have unrealistic expectations...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
Yup, he specifically said not 100% or it would leave too much scarring. I asked him if it was at all possible to get 100% he said no even no to a second operation.

I also received an email from Delgado out of San Francisco saying that I may need two surgeries but quoted me a base price of $18000 for abdominalplasty and gyne surgery... Which is out of this world

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
So I can have the appointment on August 2nd with Lista... Or I can wait a few more months for consults with others, but realistically I am wondering how much better can another surgeon make me look, if lista can't do it. With all his experience

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What country do you live?

GB

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
Calgary

I have seen Haugrad (I never spell his name right) but surgery wouldn't be until December... I don't know if I can wait that long, but I don't know if I have another option either

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
I would keep in mind that you will be healing through winter, so you probably want to be ready for next summer (t shirts, beach...)  I had my surgery end of October and I was fine for this summer.  Whats the price of Haugruad?

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
Doesn't matter about the seasons, at least for me, since I work in the polar regions..
Haugrad's free, it's covered by Alberta Medical.. not the abdominalplasty though which would come out to about $7000 total for both surgeries

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
So I think, I'm going to go with the appointment on August 2nd. a flat stomach and a 80% flatter chest still seems pretty good. I really don't think I can wait any longer to get this done!

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Personally, I think thank its worth the wait. I had the operation with Dr. Haugrad and I am quit impressed with his work. and I think he would be cheaper then the other doctors. But if you have the cash to spend then spend thousands of dollars. Little hint of advice, "Good thinks come to those who wait."

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
I've been waiting for 12 years! When I went to Haugrad it was sounding like his job was going to be an 80% also, something about the loose skin around my shoulders or in that upper area

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
Haugraud sounds like a no brainer to me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024