Author Topic: Time off work for surgery  (Read 4617 times)

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
Hi I am booked for my surgery in a few weeks!  I'm more than ready for the surgery itself but one thing that isn't working out as well is the work load I have in the next few weeks.  I've heard of dr's giving gyno patients notes for their bosses knowing the emotional impact it can have on guys.  One guy form the forums had dr. haugard in Calgary write him a note saying he was getting a large cyst removed. 

Anyone else have any experience with this? 

thanks!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You need to be honest, But you need not provide any more information than is absolutely essential.

A simple statement that you are having a growth removed should be more than explanation enough.

Such a statement might be misleading, but it is the truth and can't come back to bite you later.

Don't tell your Employer a deliberate lie if you have any hope of keeping your job.
Grandpa Dan

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
hey thanks for the reply.... i actually did decide on telling her the truth.. well at least with not too many details.. i just said im having gland removed from my chest and to think of it as a deformity that will finally be gone!

she was actually really cool about it, she said not to worry about work that week and that she would tell the rest of the group that im away that week!  thats pretty much best case scenerio right there!

so with this out of the way its just the surgery! which im more than ready and excited to finally get done!!

Offline IRISH123

• Posting Member
I have my surgery on Thursday, October 4th.

I told my boss that I am having growths removed and will need thursday and friday off. They were cool with it and didnt ask me any further questions. Luckily I have off for columbus day the following monday so I have 5 full days to sit on my bum and recover!

Good luck dude.

-Irish.

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
yes you too man, good luck!

Offline exileman

• Posting Member
i told my work that i was having lipo of my trunk, abdomen and flanks; that was well excepted; when you come back to work sore and bruised, and unable to extend your arms etc. this excuse will work

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Actually, IMO, it is none of your employers business 'what' you are having done. All the 'boss' needs to know is the reason (surgery) that you will be missing time off work. Not for what the surgery is for...

When people call in sick, I highly doubt that many, if any, bosses say.... "Oh yeah, what are you sick with?". It's none of their business 'what' you are sick with...

Every hear of 'Doctor/Patient confidentiality'?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024