Author Topic: Finally got an appointment for surgery this week and I'm getting nervous...  (Read 4620 times)

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
 I've had gyno all my life regardless if I was thin or carrying extra weight on my body and have always dreamed of getting it removed.  Earlier this year I went in for a consultation and discussed it and wanted to get an appointment for surgery.  The surgeon who I had in mind for doing it is always booked, I think most of the work is women's boob jobs, but they finally got me an appointment...THIS FRIDAY!  It's so sudden!  On one hand of course I want to move forward with it but I have to admit I am pretty nervous.  I am pretty scared of surgery and especially going totally out under anesthetic.  I guess I'm worried that something could go wrong  :-[ 

What do you guys think?  Is there anything I should do to prep not only physically but mentally?  I am 32 years old now and have been living with this since I can remember.  Now I even have a small pot belly that doesn't go away like it use to and I was even considering having lipo done on that at the same time (it's not much more expensive).  Good idea to knock it all out in one blow?  I'd like to hear feedback on all this from those of you who have been through the procedure.

Offline Jojojojo

• Posting Member
Hi there

I had surgery 2 weeks back and was exactly in the same position as you are. Trust me, its all in the mind, when its all said and done, you will think how easy that was.
Again surgery is simple and will be finished quick, its the recovery after that which can be a bit uneasy.

all the best for your surgery

cheers

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
Hi there

I had surgery 2 weeks back and was exactly in the same position as you are. Trust me, its all in the mind, when its all said and done, you will think how easy that was.
Again surgery is simple and will be finished quick, its the recovery after that which can be a bit uneasy.

all the best for your surgery

cheers

My surgery got moved to this Friday.  Tell me more about recovery...

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
sdsurfer... Was it delayed due to the fire?

Not due to the fires but I'm glad I wasn't just recovering when they were going on.  That would have sucked!  So the delay worked out for the best.  I created a post and tried to recap everything here for those who are interested:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,12308.0.html

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024