Author Topic: I accept my gyne and have come to like it  (Read 17993 times)

Offline JayC

• Posting Member
 I developed gynecomastia as a young boy about 10 years old. I had it rather severe until I was around 13 or so and then it just went away or I should say I grew into my breasts. I still had somewhat larger breasts than most guys but just barely. I am now 54 years old and have started to develop breasts again this time they are getting much larger than they were as a young teen. When I was a young teen I was mortified and absolutely hated having breasts and never participated in activities that required me to remove my shirt.
 As an older adult I am not the least bit embaressed by the gynecomastia rearing up again. At first I was embaressed by it but then came acceptance and then I have learned to actually like it.
 My nipples are not exceptionally puffy like some men but they are extreamly sensitive, to the point of pain at times. My wife suggested I get a bra. At first I was grossed out by the idea but had not totally dismissed the idea. I pondered it for a while and asked myself what was it that turned me off to the idea of wearing a bra and I had to be honest with myself. It was my preconcieved idea that it was somehow not manly to wear a bra. Well I have breasts now and bras are to make breasts feel more comfortable. I decided to investigate bras and discovered my size after a lot of internet searching. I got the courage to go to a department store and at least look at them. I wanted to find something that was thin enough to be stealth and didn't look real girly. I purchased a size 38B plain black underwire bra and it feels great. My nipples don't rub on my shirt anymore and I can actually get on with life without discomfort.
 Like I said earlier I have come to actually enjoy my breasts. I enjoy it when my wife feels me up and plays with my nipples. Now I see why women enjoy their breasts being played with. I have no issues with self worth because of gyne perhaps because I have been a bald guy and have heard all of the bald jokes for the last 30 years or so and have become somewhat hardend to what others think and say. At this point in my life I simply do not care what others think or say.
 I wouldn't mind if my breasts actually got even bigger than they are. As long as I am a man with breasts as might as well have something to enjoy and stop feeling like it is something to hide away. Is there anyone else that feels this way?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 03:07:26 PM by JayC »

Unsureifit is

I am 54 also and have had larger breasts than normal since grammar school. I always thought it was just fat but now I see its probably not. At this age Ive accepted it to the point where I have no desire to have surgery but will just live with it. The thought that I have what seem to be female body parts is unique but I would rather not be in that position. Altho I might be able ti fill a small cup, I dont expect to use a bra.

Offline wolvesfan1

I'm forty-two,  and I have smallish breasts,  I am not now,  nor have I ever been embarrassed about my breasts.  The way I see it,

god gave me a chest,  it was flat for a long while,  guys in high school teased me because I never had a muscular chest,  girls had their

chance to either like it,  or hate it,   along came later life,  and now I've got breasts.  Their better than a womans breasts becase they are

mine,  and I'm damn proud of them.   

Jim

13genof

I am 47 and I have had Gynecomastia for 13 years, and it is more than a slight swelling of my nipples or just a small swelling behind my nipples, No, I have full blown breast, in fact 38 "C" to "D" cup, and yes I wear a bra for comfort.  I accept them fully, as does my wife, family, ands friends, they all accept that I am a MAN with a special chest that includes breast.  I am not at all embarrassed that people notice my breast or that fact I wear a bra, I just wear a plain white or beige no lace, everyday run of the mill bra, it is just a garment for breast support!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I can't say that I like mine, but they are a part of me and have been for many years.

I'm 70 years, and 44B. I occasionally wear a plain white athletic bra to control bounce which can be a nuisance at times. The athletic bra also flattens out the breasts and makes them less obvious while supporting.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
I'm in my mid 50's. Younger people tend to put great store in their look but at my age, I don't give a damn about what I look like. I still have a lot of living to do and intend to get the most out of the time I have left!
So you have breasts(?)....ya...so do lots of other people...male and female.
I was taught that it didn't matter what people looked like, it is what is inside that counts.
I had considered surgery but cost was a big factor. Now it is way down at the end of my "Bucket List".
As for what other people think, why worry about others? Are we not supposed to be individuals?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that you are correct about the age factor.

The teasing and taunting is the product of a juvenile mindset Most grow past that by the time they are 18 or so.

The embarrassment and psychological injury that came with it will last for a much longer time.

By mid life, our priorities have changed and we simply do not have time to stew about something that we have lived with for so long.

Now in my 70s I first got interested in this site because of the concerns of my grandsons.

I still worry, but I have enough to be concerned about that the issue of breasts simply falls off the list.

Offline Bobbiebob

I never thought about it a lot lately at my age i'm 57 now. I 'm a 41 or 42 about a a to b cups maybe i need a bra too. i don't know i had this thing all my life and its been a problem some times too.

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
About the only thing I miss is swimming in the summer.
Problem was solved a few years ago when my sister had a pool installed in her backyard (acreage).
First time I went to visit, she solved the problem. She has this "thing" about wearing proper swimsuits. Not my breasts but it was the scars that I have. She does not like the look of them, so she presented me with a couple of one piece bathing suits.
Took a bit to get used to but it was the first time in almost 30 years that I actually went swimming. It was GREAT!
Going back for a visit the end of July and am really looking forward to the freedom of swimming without anyone pointing and making rude comments.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I am starting to ponder the idea of wearing a bra part time, mainly my size is around a 38B (nearly C) to 40B (nearly C).

I just don't know that people I am close to would accept it well.

Offline wolf45102

I just turned 30 and I have had gyne for the majority of my life..  I actually started growing breasts the same time that most of the girls in my school did. I came to accept them and now, I am actually proud of them ( like most women are) I wear a bra everyday and have since I was about 16. I now have 42 c or d depending on the manufacture. Everyday use bras I prefer the Soft cup type. However, when I go "out" with friends I usually wear a nice lacy cute bra. I am a gay man and I do have a boyfriend. He really likes my breasts. Says I have the best of both worlds.. He loves when I dress sexy for him and having breast helps in that aspect.

Offline fallentraveler

• Posting Member
I just turned 20 in early Jan. and I have AA to A cup breasts. I have come to accept them for several reasons. One, I can barely afford college let alone surgery (even with insurance). Two, they are part of my body and I don't want to get rid of them. They are still growing and I hope to have B or maybe C cups if I am lucky. I don't really care what other people think and having breasts isn't that bad compared to other problems I could have.

Offline Fran

My story goes back to early adolesence when I was teased something awful. Even when I was with my mom I was mistaken as her daughter!  My breasts actually natch the rest of my body which has made it all the more difficlt.  I suffer from the bouncing and rubbing against my clothing but have been to shy to use correct support.

Offline Ben2cat

• Posting Member
My father had it as well as a heart condition.... I know where my cards sit & I am motivated to change.. I plan to go outside with my shirt off with my son, live beyond my fathers age (he was 53 when he died)...
Hopefully have a great sex life as well.... There are some HOT women now adays in their 50's... society and health issues are more aware now....
It is like being a drunk..... change it.... the help is available... accept what we CANNOT change,,,,,,,,,well I do not know if I can prevent a gene being passed on like cancer, heart condition, but this GYNO..... I do not have to accept.......
The days of being overweight, big smoker and drinker are basically getting to be socially unacceptable behavior, and I guess my pride is hurt enough now....
I can honestly say I did not want to wake up be where I am at today... the changes are coming slowly...
I am happy you can accpt it..... I know there are alot worse things..... I am grateful and resentful all in one mixed emotion....
MY breasts ruin everything........ Can't goto the beach, can't shower at the health club, can't wear certain clothes.... if they can bypass a stomach, they can take the man-breasts

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024