Author Topic: Alcohol before Surgery?  (Read 8619 times)

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
So I'm going out for my birthday dinner this weekend 2/2 and was hoping I could have a couple alcoholic beverages, but my surgery is scheduled for 2/5. Should I not be drinking?

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
I didn't drink for a week before surgery per my PS orders. I wouldn't chance it with the meds you will soon be on.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
If you have to, don't get wasted, or even close to it.

Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, but don't forget that you have something very important coming up!

Offline snycs10

• Bronze Member
Would be nothing more than A social drink to make it not look weird (obviously not everyone attending knows of my upcoming surgery)

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Would be nothing more than A social drink to make it not look weird (obviously not everyone attending knows of my upcoming surgery)

Maybe have a light beer or something with a low alcohol content? I wouldn't go pounding White Russians and Yager Bombs.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
Unless you have a problem with alcohol, you shouldn't worry about a drink or two, or even three. Alcohol thins your blood, and dehydrates you, but if you're not scheduled for a week, you shouldn't have to worry. I wouldn't drink within 3 days or so of surgery though. Put it this way, I went to a New Years party and got hammered and I traveled to another country and had surgery (actually 3 surgeries) within 10 days later. No problem in my case.
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024