Author Topic: Newmanby30 - gonna be a "Newmanby31".... I go in tomorrow!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline newmanby30

• Posting Member
Well.... the day is almost upon me!! Cant quite believe it really...

Thanks everyone for the bits of advice over recent months - I don't know how I'd be feeling now if it wasn't for you guys and your similar stories....

To refresh people's memories, I have opted for the NHS route - things have been incredibly fast moving and I have been really impressed with their attitude towards the gynecomastia so far....

I go into hospital tomorrow, and surgery is either the morning or afternoon on Wednesday....

My surgeon is a LADY called Doctor Brain...she is a bit mad, like a strict looking professor or something.... hehehe.... At first I thought I didn't really want a female surgeon, but then I realised women have breast implant / reduction ops by male surgeons all the time.... so thinking she can't empathise with my situation is silly really.... I am told she is a leader in her field and I'm just gonna keep my eyes tightly shut and pray that it's true!

There will be 3 surgeons in the operation - I have met all 3 and explained my fears to each of them in turn.

I went in the other day for blood tests and swabs (to make sure that I don't bring MRSA into the hospital!!) and also to have photographs taken so that they can assess the before and after.... for once I felt quite proud, standing there with my ridiculous chest... Proud of the fact that I was on the brink of changing my life forever... 7 days and these bad boys would be nothing but a heap of discarded tissue on a hospital dish!!

I am quite slim but not really toned... so I have a slight belly which worries me (as I think this will seem magnified without a chest to balance it).... but I have lost 12 lbs in the last 5 weeks which I am ecstatic about... I think its important to feel confident and positive going into your surgery... plan your two months up to surgery and try to eat smaller portions and steer clear from chocolate and too much beer... you will feel so excited if you know you have done your best.....

So that's it for now really... I just need to pack  bag and wait for my Mum to collect me tomorrow - I have also purchased 2 x V neck Nike Pro V vests which are cool for keeping you all tight and secure afterwads... I am normally a medium-large but I bought smalls which are nice and snug but not restricting.... they are sleeveless and very tight to the skin, so I should be able to wear T shirts and stuff over the top... I heartyily recmmend you getting some via the Nike site!!

Anyways, heading off to pack now... pretty giddy now as you might be able to tell  ::) but am sure I will be a tad more nervous in the morning....

Wish me luck!!

Newman

Offline newmanby30

• Posting Member
My surgery got cancelled....  >:( Guess this is what you risk with the NHS route..... Now on top of list for cancellations so could be called in any day....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024