Author Topic: My surgery with Dr. Delgado and my experience with Gynecomastia  (Read 8050 times)

pradeep

My surgery with Dr. Delgado and my experience with Gynecomastia
Hi people!
I am going to share my experience with gynecomastia. I will first tell how I suffered from it and how I was able to get rid of it.

I noticed that my breasts were enlarging when I was around 12 years of age. Since then, I have suffered from shame and had always been conscious about it. I could not do the usual stuff that my friends used to do. I never learnt swimming or never took off my shirt infront of others. I would also try to hide it wearing thick clothes. I even consulted few doctors in india, during my teenage years and they told it was normal and would go away with time. But nothing imporved, I got a bit overweight and the breasts got bigger and fatter. It was a major cause of embarassment for me, overall, I suffered a lot of mental distress because of it. I hid it from everybody and my parents did not even notice or care about it.

After coming to bay area, I decided to do something about it and my health in general. I started reading online and that was the first time I even learnt that it was a disorder and it had a name, Gynecomastia. After reading a lot online, I decided to see what my options were, I knew that surgery was the best option and was thinking of having it. That is when I contacted Dr. Miguel Delgado in San Francisco.

I talked to him over telephone and emailed the photographs to him amd then had a consultation. Dr. Delgado was very knowledgeable and communicated what was needed and how it would be done in a excellent way. I was a bit apprehensive about having surgery before talking to him, but felt very comfortable after the consultation. He also advised me to go for the liposuction in the armpit area, which was an excellent advice. Overall, after talking to him, I felt I was in capable hands.

I got an surgery date scheduled and I liked the way everything was organized and the staff at his office and the surgery center are really friendly, patient and helpful. Surgery went very well. One more thing I liked about my experience with Dr. Delgado is the efficiency and professionalism from him, the folks who were involved in the surgery and the staff. What I mean is, there were no unknowns, they told me, this is how it is going to happen, and thats how it was. I liked it a lot and that made things simpler and easier, since there were no surprises. That usually happens only when you are dealing with somebody "who know what they are doing"!

I was in recovery/rest for a week. I am very bad at tolerating even the slightest pain :-) and this was my first surgery too, but I think it went fine.

Now the best part, I saw excellent results in as early as a week. I had to wear a garment for about six weeks. Now, after 2 months, can see excellent results, my chest is flat, I can wear tight t-shirts, take off my shirt in public etc. But the best part is, and this is very important, I dont worry or think about it at all, its as if some unconscious worry which bothered me for years and years is gone altogether!

Getting the gynecomastia surgery done has been the best thing I have ever done to my body :-)

I am very thankful to Dr. Delgado for helping me achieve this!

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
Re: My surgery with Dr. Delgado and my experience with Gynecomastia
Great story.it sounds much like mine. i'm having very good results one week post op too. tell me,did you have any scar tissue?

Offline rashdudes

• Bronze Member
Re: My surgery with Dr. Delgado and my experience with Gynecomastia
Great story.it sounds much like mine. i'm having very good results one week post op too. tell me,did you have any scar tissue?

same question here  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024