Author Topic: A couple of post-op questions, hoping someone can help me out with.  (Read 3486 times)

Offline seeking_relief

• Posting Member
Hello to everyone on here.  I am a 6'0 lean, 145 lbs, 24 yr old with a case of puffy nipples that i have been suffering from since i was about 12.  I am planning on having surgery very soon, however there has been a few questions regarding post surgery that have really been concerning me. One of my main concerns is confidentiality, specifically, after i have the surgery and i have to return to work a few days later, i know that the doctor is supposed to give a doctors note for me to give to my employer saying im am not to do any kind of heavy lifting or pushing for a few weeks. I am a salesman at a lumberyard, which doesnt always require me lifting extremely heavy items every second of the day, but usually a few times a day ill have to help with lifting bags of concrete, plywood, lumber, etc. Is thdoctors note that the surgeon gives me for my job farely confidential? I mean does it say something like, "no heavy lifting due to male breast reduction" on it, or is it a pretty general description that doesnt say what surgery i had? Has anyone had luck with convincing the surgeon to just write "no heavy lifting due to operation", then i can just tell my employer i had surgery for something else? I would absolutely die of humiliation n want to kill myself if any coworkers or the boss found out about my surgery, considering i work with a bunch of 'manly lumberyard guys'. I just want this to be for just me, and for no one at all to find out about it, ive been hiding it for the last 12 years of my life, and i would much like to keep it to myself. Also, on the doctors slip, i think it will obvisiouly have the surgeons name on it, but does it say like "Dr. so n so, Plastic Surgeon" on it? Im going to have a hard time hiding the surgery, if my boss knows i had plastic surgery, and not just regular surgery, and itll make people suspicious about what i had done. If anyone was having the same troubles with this as im concerned about, any input or help with this would be very much appreciated.  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude....  Go to your GP and explain the situation and have him/her write a note for your boss saying that you have a limited lifting capacity due to an injury. That's it, that's all... Your employer does not have the right to know anything more...

Doctor/Patient confidentiality my man!  ;)

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline seeking_relief

• Posting Member
Thank you so much Grandpa Bambu, i guess that idea never crossed my mind at all. When you say GP, you mean General Practioner or General Physician, right? Are these 2 different kinds of people? Which one do i go see? And when i do see them, do i just use the doctors note i get from the consultation from my plastic surgeon doing the surgery, and give that to the GP? Then he just says i have an injury on the note? This seems to be a fairly easy idea, but i still am wondering a little about it. I know you think this may be something really petty when it comes to having the surgery, but its been a huge concern, if not the biggest concern so far when it comes to my surgery. I may inquire you about a couple more questions about this later. Thanks again though, im kind of relieved a little now to know about this.  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes, a GP is a General Physician (Family Doctor). I am sure if you explain the situation to him/her, that they will me more than happy to write you a 'discrete' note for work.

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024