Author Topic: What to do before surgery?  (Read 4655 times)

Offline afroman28

• Posting Member
Is there anything really specific that you need to do prior to surgery? (i.e not eating for 24 hrs or something along those lines)

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
I would contact your PS for exact details. Did you have a pre-op visit? My doc told me nothing containing aspirin for 2 weeks before surgery. I also have to use this 'hospital grade body wash' on my chest in the shower the week before surgery. Thats all he told me at my consultation. I have my pre-op visit on June 18th.

Offline MSJ108

I would contact your PS for exact details. Did you have a pre-op visit? My doc told me nothing containing aspirin for 2 weeks before surgery. I also have to use this 'hospital grade body wash' on my chest in the shower the week before surgery. Thats all he told me at my consultation. I have my pre-op visit on June 18th.

same here.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
You should also cease smoking for 1 month before surgery.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Also, don't take any supplements or eat anything with Vitamin E for 2 weeks before surgery. 

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member
Is there anything really specific that you need to do prior to surgery? (i.e not eating for 24 hrs or something along those lines)

Same to me, my surgery will be on Thuresday 31/07/2008 and my doc didn't get any instruction from him, please advice me, today is Sunday and 3 days left

Offline MSJ108

Same to me, my surgery will be on Thuresday 31/07/2008 and my doc didn't get any instruction from him, please advice me, today is Sunday and 3 days left

No instructions????? That doesn't sound right considering you can die if you eat before your surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024