Author Topic: building/toning chest muscles before surgery  (Read 7868 times)

Offline anon90

• Posting Member

im 18, very thin and kinda muscular and im wondering what do you guys think:

would it be benificial or problomatic for a surgeon if i had a more muscular chest?

the way i see it the more muscular and toned my chest is the easier it is for the surgeon to see my natural chest contours and minimises concavities

plus continuous exersie would increase my recovery rate and general health.

would increased pecs lead to surgery risks?

i know that by increaing my chest muscles im pushing the gyne out and making it look worse but would my hard work pay off after the surgery is done

side note: i have minor gyne on rightside and a larger gland on the left side, its unlateral and it sucks!

DrBermant

im 18, very thin and kinda muscular and im wondering what do you guys think:

would it be benificial or problomatic for a surgeon if i had a more muscular chest?

the way i see it the more muscular and toned my chest is the easier it is for the surgeon to see my natural chest contours and minimises concavities

plus continuous exersie would increase my recovery rate and general health.

would increased pecs lead to surgery risks?

i know that by increaing my chest muscles im pushing the gyne out and making it look worse but would my hard work pay off after the surgery is done

side note: i have minor gyne on rightside and a larger gland on the left side, its unlateral and it sucks!

I sculpt many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. They all say that building muscles feels great.  However, what ever sits on top of the muscles gets pushed out further with building. Some prefer to tone before surgery, others after.  With my Dynamic Technique, I can sculpt either situation.  For my competition bodybuilders, athletes, and others with extremely low body fat, I prefer to work on their off season weight to have some resources to work with.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Doc, could you clarify a little more please.  My situation is similar to this guy's.  We aren't pro builders.  So for normal people is it better not to lift weights before surgery, or to do so. This is assuming we use the normal surgery technique.  Not your special one.

Thanks.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i think the ideal general rule is to be at your target weight.  he's saying if you're not super lean like a bodybuilder there's more for him to shape the contour with.  that would normally apply to others too though not if they don't do as much cosmetic tuning. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

DrBermant

Doc, could you clarify a little more please.  My situation is similar to this guy's.  We aren't pro builders.  So for normal people is it better not to lift weights before surgery, or to do so. This is assuming we use the normal surgery technique.  Not your special one.

Thanks.

I prefer to individualize recommendations for each patient based on an evaluation of their specific issues, needs, and my analysis of what I am offering.  We see many patients from around the world who prefer my techniques and are glad to help someone explore such concerns during a consultation or Preliminary Remote Discussion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Maybe I should re-phrase my question.  Is it easier for surgeons to operate if there is little muscle or lot of muscle in typical gynecomastia excision?  Or does it make no difference for the amount of chest muscle the patient has?

Thank you.

DrBermant

Maybe I should re-phrase my question.  Is it easier for surgeons to operate if there is little muscle or lot of muscle in typical gynecomastia excision?  Or does it make no difference for the amount of chest muscle the patient has?

Thank you.

Each situation has its own issues, that is why I evolved my Dynamic Technique to manage the many various forms of gynecomastia that I see.  You can find many examples of different body types on my website.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.

I'm no surgeon but I don't think that body fat/chest muscle mass is related to a surgeon's success in finding/removing the entire gland because it’s very distinguishable from fat.

I do think that if you have a well-sculpted chest before the surgery it's better for the before/after pics and I think you are more likely to be motivated/hit the gym and stay fit after recovery because at least your nipples are in line and there's no fat hanging down your chest which even though the leftover fat is not gland, it's still hard to lose.

I also think it’s easier because if you still have lots of fat the surgeon might do lipo on your chest aswell and even though obviously most know what they're doing, I doubt they are going to do lipo everywhere (like all the way under your armpit and if the fat happens to extend all the way to your back.)

So they have two choices if you go into the surgery while still obese:
1. Take away as much fat as possible and make your chest still look disproportional to your obese body until you get in shape.
2. Take only some fat away and give the body a "natural" look.
Yes getting in shape is hard when you have gynecomastia, and it will make the tissue more pronounced than the average person with gyno, but when it's gone after the surgery and recovery, I think the person getting it will be more satisfied.

Then again I could be wrong and biased because losing the fat/gaining muscle is the path I'm taking.
Lose 18 lbs FAT by October (12 so far)

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Thanks Womanboob.  Thanks for your feedback.  I didn't understand Dr. Bermant's input.  He keeps plugging himself and his technique with every post.

Offline womanboob

• Bronze Member
  • Getting in shape, then surgery.
Thanks Womanboob.  Thanks for your feedback.  I didn't understand Dr. Bermant's input.  He keeps plugging himself and his technique with every post.

Your welcome.  :)

Well I hear what he's saying though. Keep in mind he probably doesn't have that much time to spend here but does an effort to offer his free advice. Also, it's maybe harder for him to answer questions because most people take doctor's advice more seriously and he can't just go sign up with a different username (which many people do) on here if he gets a bad rep from answering a question that has no definate answer.
 :D

Offline hyperballad

• Posting Member
I like what womanboob said also. I don't think it would be a problem in any way since the muscle is behind it, not in the way.
You'd probably want to keep working out before though if you do so often. After surgery you won't be working out for at least a month. I don't know how long it takes to lose muscle mass....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024