Author Topic: Gyne Questions  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Paraman

• Posting Member
Hi My surgery is this week and before tat I have some questions. My case of gynecomastia is a moderate one.

1. I have puffy nipples and will this be automatically taken care of due to gynecomastia surgery or do I need to tell my doctor about this to remove the puffiness ??

2. Does the surgery also includes removing all of the fat through liposuction i.e. even fat under armpits?

Waiting for answers

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 04:33:52 AM by Paraman »
Surgery done by Dr.Murugesan, Apollo hospitals, Chennai

Liposuction + Excision

Still Recovering

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
1.) Your surgeon should have discussed his plans with you earlier.  If he didn't, he'll tell you his plans before you enter the operating room when he's making his markings on your chest.  Most times when the gynecomastia is reduced even a little bit the puffy nipples will go down and become much less "swollen" than they were before.  Your nipples may still stick out if enough residual gland is left, but if more than enough is taken out your nipples should lay flat.  You risk cratering if you take too much out though so your surgeon may heir on the side of caution.  Most likely, your results should give you nipples that aren't puffy and they'll stick out less.  Tell him before the surgery that you want your areolas to lay as flat as possible.

2.) Once again, this should have been discussed in the consultation with your surgeon.  I'm assuming he's using excision and liposuction.  You should know because it's usually in the disclosure you sign before the surgery.  If he is using both, he'll excise some glandular breast tissue out of the chest and then use liposuction to remove some of the fat in each breast to contour the chest further.  He's essentially using the lipo to make your chest even flatter and basically just "shape" your chest.  Will he remove fat in the armpits?  I doubt it.  Some surgeons make their incisions in the armpit though, this may or may not be what he's doing.  It probably isn't though.  You shouldn't have a lot of fat in your armpit though unless you're overweight.  He will remove fat around each breast though, rest assured.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Paraman

• Posting Member
My doctor said that he will make a incision below the aerola and do liposuction and gland removal. He also told me that I come in the morning for the surgery and will be discharged at the end of the same day. He also told that I can go to work after 3 days since I am in involved in office work and no physical work is involved.

When I asked specifically whether can I ride a bike post operation because I usually go to my office by bike, he told me to avoid riding the bike for 2 weeks.

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Yep, sounds pretty standard procedure.  You will be home same day because the operation takes only about 2 hours plus another hour and a half for you to come to and start moving around.  They'll probably have you drink some water and eat crackers to settle your stomach and then take you down to your transportation in a wheelchair.  You shouldn't drive home from the hospital yourself.  You probably know that though.

Good luck Paraman and I hope your procedure goes well!

Offline nick24

• Bronze Member
Yep, sounds pretty standard procedure.  You will be home same day because the operation takes only about 2 hours plus another hour and a half for you to come to and start moving around.  They'll probably have you drink some water and eat crackers to settle your stomach and then take you down to your transportation in a wheelchair.  You shouldn't drive home from the hospital yourself.  You probably know that though.

Good luck Paraman and I hope your procedure goes well!

avoid riding a bike for 2 weeks????? that means i cant play tennis for like a month. Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im planning to get my surgery soonish and my case sounds exactly like yours.

Offline Paraman

• Posting Member
Hi Jake.Thanks for your wishes. Today I again consulted my doctor and he has given me a betadine solution to wash my hair and body with it the day before surgery and 3 hours before surgery. He then referred me to a anesthesiologist  who asked me several questions like whether I smoke, do I have diabetes, blood pressure, any allergies. He then told that I should not consume any food whether solid or liquid 3 hours prior to surgery.

My Surgery is day after tomorrow and I hope everything goes on well. After several years of distress with sufferings from gynecomastia , I am really excited that the suffering will soon be over. The only other thing which worries me is my pot belly, which I think will be taken care of with regular exercise.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024