Author Topic: Price for the surgery?  (Read 5151 times)

Offline RayRay

Can anyone give me an estimate to how much this would cost? I'm in a deep depression because of my condition. I've been thinking of this for a long time. I feel like I can't live my life because of this problem. I've even had disturbing thoughts.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Hey,

It all depends on where you are from (Country) and how far you are prepared to travel.

In England price range between £3000- £5000.
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline RayRay

Thank you for reply, but I live in the States. Anyone here can give me a price est.?

Offline mike888

• Posting Member
I got a price of $2000 with excision only and no anesthesia.  With anesthesia it was around $3000 that price was for two different doctors...one was liposuction only (after researching this I strongly don't recommend it).  The other was excision only with numbing the area prior to surgery along with pain medication pills ie. percasets (sp) and valium.  I think the well known expensive doctors charge around $5500.  I live close to Philadelphia as a reference.
Hope this helps...my surgery is set for May.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You can get all kinds of price ranges from guys on this site who have had the surgery, but if you are truly that desperate to rid yourself of gynecomastia, you need to pick up a phone and call a plastic surgeon in your area or one you have heard of through another patient.  Many plastic surgeons will offer a range of fees, depending on whether you have liposuction and gland excision, or lipo alone or gland excision alone; whether you have the surgery done under local or general anesthesia, etc.

But you need to make some phone calls and go visit a few qualified plastic surgeons in order to make an informed decision and get this done.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline RayRay

Thank you all for your replies. Dr. Pope, how much do you charge for such a surgery? Is there a big difference between going the general or local route? I figure the local would be less expensive, but I would be awake during the session. I just need a nice range to save for. But in all honesty, I can't afford those prices ($2000+). I'm but a College student with a low paying, part-time job. And I would be too embarrassed to borrow money. That's on top of the fact that I hate borrowing money at all. ::)

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
My fee usually runs between $4500 and $5000, but if it's done under local anesthesia, it's usually around $1000 or so less.  I don't usually perform this under local if it requires both tissue (gland) excision and liposuction.  I really recommend general anesthesia in cases like that.

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline Hawks13

• Posting Member
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=17273.msg120407#msg120407 date=1239416982]
My fee usually runs between $4500 and $5000, but if it's done under local anesthesia, it's usually around $1000 or so less. I don't usually perform this under local if it requires both tissue (gland) excision and liposuction.  I really recommend general anesthesia in cases like that.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
[/quote]

hello Dr. Pope i seen your post and was amazed by how low you could do the surgery for i wanted to know since it is 2013 and this post was 4 years ago.. do these prices still apply to someone like me.. around $1000 or so less

i am a very slim 150 pounds male 20 years old and have a very very minor case of gyno/puffy nipples i dont think i would even need any lipo being im so skinny i doubt i have any fat in my chest..another thing is i would opt for local anesthesia not general.

i can feel the actual glands behind my nipples when i was younger i went to the doctor he told me it was from puberty/hormonal and that they could have went away by this age but hasn't happened

i live in atlanta ga but would love to take a drive to orlando to get this done if you could quote me a low enough price thank you looking forward to your reply.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024