Author Topic: Before Surgery......  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Hateongyne

Ok, first off I plan on getting surgery, im done with this. Was just curious what the best way to go about it is, even though Im almost 100% sure that mine isnt caused by a hormonal imbalance or anything like that, I just want to make sure before I go head first into the surgery. So should I go to a regular doctor or what?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Well, you could go to your doctor if you wanted.

I didn't. I knew it would be pointless. Unless you're looking to get it done for free, i.e. you claim it caused you immense emotional distress and your insurance or whatever covers it.

I just contacted a really good plastic surgeon, set a consult, went, set a surgery date - booyah, mission (almost) accomplished
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline FreeinVegas

• Posting Member
I had my initial consultation with the plastic surgeon and then saw a general physician for pre-op clearance after that.  You'll most likely need to see your primary care doctor, or another general physician if you don't have a PCP, in order to get pre-op clearance.  This will include a quick physical exam and blood work.  These tests will help reveal if there are any unusual things with your health.  I told my PCP what I was planning to have done and he examined my chest for a brief amount of time.   Other than that, I was comfortable with the plastic surgeon's assessment of what I had going on in my chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024