Author Topic: Surgery in 5 days, and my mother has a cold - scared of catching it!  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I live at home at the moment. Whenever she catches a cold, I usually get one soon after. Fuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk!!!!!

What can I do to avoid catching it? My plan is to strictly use my own towels and continually wash my hands and avoid her like she's a rapies-infested leper with AIDS.

If I had to postpone because of a cold...I would cry...
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
Wash as you are and start using Zicam spray even before you feel symptoms. It will shorten anything like a cold.

Offline thetodd

even if you did ... you just wouldnt tell them!

seriously you think theyd want to stop cause you have a cold? If i had the sniffles id just say i had hayfever and didnt want to take anti-histamine's because of the op. And they wouldnt ask anyway!

so dont worry eitherway, if she asks you why your washing your hands and stuff loads just say that your worried about the flu outbreaks lol. I got a bit paranoid myself about getting ill before the operation but dont worry mate youl be in there getting sliced open in 5 days :)

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Oh stop.  It's all in your head.

From what I've seen, people "catch" colds because they see someone is sick and then they convince themselves they are sick afterwards.

Just because you are around someone who is sick doesn't mean you will get sick either.

Microbes work through proximity, man. But I appreciate the sentiment.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
even if you did ... you just wouldnt tell them!

seriously you think theyd want to stop cause you have a cold? If i had the sniffles id just say i had hayfever and didnt want to take anti-histamine's because of the op. And they wouldnt ask anyway!

so dont worry eitherway, if she asks you why your washing your hands and stuff loads just say that your worried about the flu outbreaks lol. I got a bit paranoid myself about getting ill before the operation but dont worry mate youl be in there getting sliced open in 5 days :)

I laughed -  nervously -  at "sliced open"...

Slight nervousness kicking in. It's the damn anasthesia bit that's worrying! Anyway, enough bitching out of me. Let's get this shit done, boooooyah!

O_o

GynO_DuDe

LOOOL Trusst me mate, Ive had the same feeling ... I got my revision in 2 weeks and the thought of becoming ill is shitting me up. Everytime summer kicks in, I get a cold/temperature ... basically everytime the season changes. And I haven't fallen ill yet and summers kicked in ... so Im getting paranoid its gonna happen couple of days before surgery.

Good luck anyway!

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
LOOOL Trusst me mate, Ive had the same feeling ... I got my revision in 2 weeks and the thought of becoming ill is shitting me up. Everytime summer kicks in, I get a cold/temperature ... basically everytime the season changes. And I haven't fallen ill yet and summers kicked in ... so Im getting paranoid its gonna happen couple of days before surgery.

Good luck anyway!

And same to you :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024