Author Topic: Gap for revision surgery  (Read 3651 times)

Offline harry_rocks

Hi!

I am new here but like to mention that i had gained a lot of information from Dr. Bermants site in past two years. But due to money constraints opted to have a operation by some local doctor. I am regretting that decision now. 17th May I had this surgery. No compression garment was provided or recommended by the doctor even after i asked him for it. There are a few bumps in area around aerola on the right side. The doctor carried out only liposuction so puffy nipples are still persist. Also the right nipple feels a bit too hard or swollen. Think will need a revision surgery soon as the condition now seems a lot difficult than it was earlier. Could you please suggest how long should i wait for the second surgery or should wait for the complete recovery from the first surgery??

DrBermant

Hi!

I am new here but like to mention that i had gained a lot of information from Dr. Bermants site in past two years. But due to money constraints opted to have a operation by some local doctor. I am regretting that decision now. 17th May I had this surgery. No compression garment was provided or recommended by the doctor even after i asked him for it. There are a few bumps in area around aerola on the right side. The doctor carried out only liposuction so puffy nipples are still persist. Also the right nipple feels a bit too hard or swollen. Think will need a revision surgery soon as the condition now seems a lot difficult than it was earlier. Could you please suggest how long should i wait for the second surgery or should wait for the complete recovery from the first surgery??

2 weeks can be very early after surgery with some techniques.

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees.  The body typically needs to heal before considering revision surgery. Rushing into secondary surgery can be a mistake unless there are complications that need to be addressed or the next surgery is component of a staged procedure.  Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Liposuction is great for fat, but does not do well for gland at all.  As shown in the anatomy link, there are usually fingers of gland between fingers of fat.  Liposuction no matter what technique (sharp cutting cannula, specially designed cannula, ultrasonic, laser, or "smart") targets the fat first.  Remove the fat and the gland remains behind condensing the fingers making a firm mass. 
Even if the doctor achieves a flatter chest, that firm mass does not look like fat, move like fat, or compress like fat.  It just does not move well or look good (especially on animation).  That is why few doctors will show results with chest muscles tightened or arms up over the head or movies showing the tissues in motion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline harry_rocks

Thanks for the info Sir. I would post the pictures as soon as i could. Because taking all those views on my own is got to take some time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024