Author Topic: Surgery scheduled on Sep 25th......have few questions  (Read 3514 times)

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
Hi,
I finally got my surgery scheduled on sep 25th :).  I took that friday and monday off from work.....so hopefully that should be sufficient for my recovery.  But it looks like we need to take a whole lot of pain medication after the surgery (one every six hrs and the other every four hrs :o).  Does anybody know if there are going to be any side effects?  I currently have a very hectic schedule (16 hr days).  But i am a software engineer so there wont be any physical work.  Any idea if i will be able to continue working for 12-16 hrs the week after my surgery?

Thanks for your help.

DrBermant

Hi,
I finally got my surgery scheduled on sep 25th :).  I took that friday and monday off from work.....so hopefully that should be sufficient for my recovery.  But it looks like we need to take a whole lot of pain medication after the surgery (one every six hrs and the other every four hrs :o).  Does anybody know if there are going to be any side effects?  I currently have a very hectic schedule (16 hr days).  But i am a software engineer so there wont be any physical work.  Any idea if i will be able to continue working for 12-16 hrs the week after my surgery?

Thanks for your help.

Recovery After Gynecomastia and Pain / Discomfort after Male Breast Reduction depend on the problem to be treated, what needs to be done, the skill of the doctor, after surgery care, and many other factors.  Although I give each of my patients a prescription for strong pain medication, my patients usually tell me that they are comfortable on plain Tylenol alone. That their chest is sore, and many are back to their computers the day of the operation.  When a doctor uses techniques that result in more swelling and discomfort, activities can be much more limited.  That is why you need to check the specifics of what your doctor offers and how his / her patients typically recover.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr. Bermant and GaintFan.

Then i guess it is a 'just in case' prescription.  Dr. Pensler is my surgeon and he has got nice reviews in the internet.  I am a lean guy (5'5'', 130 lbs) and Dr. Pensler mentioned that i have more gland and less fat.....so it is a combination of incision and lipo. 

I will post back with my experience.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
so.....tomorrow is my D day  :)......no feelings yet......called the surgeon and re-confirmed my schedule and ride after the surgery.....informed my credit card company that there will be a huge transaction on my card.  will post back with my experience.

BTW, i have to travel within 3 weeks of my surgery.  Any idea if there will be any problem with the compression vest at the air port security?

Thanks!!!

Offline tomo25mcr

• Posting Member
how did you get on? did everything go well?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024