Author Topic: question about the gyne vest after surgery...  (Read 4454 times)

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
well im talkin about goin to virginia for the surgery and my boy said they won't allow me to get on with the vest cause they might think it's a bomb or somethin.  so would i have to take it off and just put it on when i get home or soemthin...

and one more do you think i can have the surgery the first day when i arrive or would i ahve to wait til the next day cause i really don't wanna be spending money on hotel room there cause they're really high in virgina.  im use to $30-$50 rooms a night.  i just wanna get in and get out yah kno!!
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

DrBermant

well im talkin about goin to virginia for the surgery and my boy said they won't allow me to get on with the vest cause they might think it's a bomb or somethin.  so would i have to take it off and just put it on when i get home or soemthin...

and one more do you think i can have the surgery the first day when i arrive or would i ahve to wait til the next day cause i really don't wanna be spending money on hotel room there cause they're really high in virgina.  im use to $30-$50 rooms a night.  i just wanna get in and get out yah kno!!

We see patients from around the world who prefer my techniques and many travel back home the day after surgery.  For the many years I have been doing this, I have yet to hear from a patient that they had problems with their After Surgery Compression Vest in the airport.  The cost of Hotels of Richmond can vary quite a bit.  Jane is my office manager and can help discuss what patients currently prefer.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
you'd be amazed how dumb, or in a handful of cases evil, some of those tsa people can be, even with obvious health-related hardware or medicines, there are thousands of stories.  it's got nothing to do with security, at which they're mostly ineffective, the routine is there for show and to condition you to accept living like a sheep.  it's not most of the workers' fault, but if you're flying, i'd get some kind of letter or certificate from the doc stating that you have to wear this vest for the next however many days as part of medical treatment.  that might not stop the dumb ones, but it should hopefully help.  
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 02:25:01 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Iknow this deviates from the thread somewhat, but it goes along with what hhh said.

I was at work and was in need of something to cut some plastic tubing. I purchased a paring knife with a 4" blade. The job done, I slipped the cardboard sleeve over the blade and dropped the knife into my shirt pocket.

Without thinking about the knife at all, I then went to LAX and got on a plane to Reno. No problem!

Then a two hour company meeting and back to the airport in Reno where the knife was noticed. OOPS! I surrendered the knife and boarded a plane back to LA and finally drove home.

I had gone through security and boarded a plane in Los Angeles with a razor sharp, 4" long paring knife poking up out of my shirt pocket.

Now retired, On a recent trip I was selected for a rather complete search. Obviously the search was fully warranted, lots of terrorists are 72 year old native Californians. Well, aren't they?
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Now retired, On a recent trip I was selected for a rather complete search. Obviously the search was fully warranted, lots of terrorists are 72 year old native Californians. Well, aren't they?

Terrorists can be of almost any age and any nationality...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024