Author Topic: My experience - Poland  (Read 10649 times)

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
Hi all.

I had my surgery yesterday at - by surgeon katarzyna Ostrowski-Clark and i'm very pleased. I flew out on Sunday 18th from Berlin airport where a taxi picked me up and took me to my hotel. The journey from the airport took around 2 hours. Im staying at the Novotel hotel. My surgery was on the 19th and at 8am the clinic had arranged a taxi to pick me up and take me to the clinic. At around 8.30am i had my blood tests for the surgeons benefit but Katarzyna also very kindly asked if there i was anything else i would like testing so i chose to get my testosterone and estrogen levels checked too for my own piece of mind. Katarzyna also sat me down and had a chat with me about what was going to happen and also asked if i had come for gland removal or gland reduction. She explained the possible complications with a whole removal of the gland (nipple collapse etc) but i was comfortable in my mind that i wanted the whole gland removed and i appreciated the fact that she took the time to explain the difference/outcome etc. Straight after the blood tests Katarzyna took me personally (in a very nice BMW X3 might i add  8) ) to the hospital for my ultra-sound so she could get an exact idea of the gland size etc. Then it was back to the clinic.
I hadn't eaten anything in the morning as required for the blood tests so when we got back to the clinic i had until 11am to eat and drink. Katarzyna kindly asked her husband (Jeremy - who i consulted over email with) to take me to the shops so i could get some food, and some for later that evening too. There was still plenty of time to kill until my operation at 3pm so Jeremy kindly gave me a little tour of -, showed me the Galaxy shopping centre which is near my hotel and also took me to see the port. We then went back to the clinic and i had a few hours left to kill so i just relaxed in my own personal room. Jeremy came in my room to sort the money side of things out. Before i go any further let me tell you i had come for gland removal and liposuction but Katarzyna told me she didn't believe i needed the liposuction, i was fully prepared to pay the extra for it and i told her that, but she knew best and it just goes to show how decent they are as she just saved me around £210 by being honest with me when in all honesty she could have had an extra £210 out of me. I was very grateful that Jeremy gave up part of his day to make me feel more welcome and at ease.
3pm came and i was introduced to the scrub nurse and also the aneathetist. An intra-venus drip was installed in my arm with what i believe was aneasthetic because all i remember is the 3 of them chatting away and the next thing i know ive woken up and Katarzyna has told me it's all finished  ;D Im not sure of the working of aneasthetic but i was told i would not have the tube down my throat, what they do is put you to sleep and then inject you with local aneasthetic. I was happy with this and it put me at ease knowing. Katarzyna showed me how much gland she removed from each side, the whole gland on each side, and it was quite alot.
After the clinic closed and Katarzyna went home for the night i was left with my own personal nurse who was very nice and very helpful. She came to my room often to offer me food and drink and she made me a lovely ham salad roll from the goods Jeremy had bought from the shop earlier. I was given anti-biotics through the intra-venus thing in my arm and every hour or 2 she kept checking that i was ok and doing things with my drains to make sure everything was as it should be.
Morning came and Katarzyna came to see me to check i was ok and change my dressing. I noticed through the night that my left drain had a bit of blood in it but my right drain didn't have any at all. After taking my dressing off you could see my right side was holding blood so after a bit of feeling around the area Katarzyna squeezed it out and withdrew it from the drain with a syringe. After cleaning me up a bit she sat me up and showed me the mirror... all i can say is i am very happy so far. Chest is flat, holding hardly any fluid and i have next to no bruising yet. No sign of nipple collapse or any indentaion.
After i had my fresh dressing applied Katarzyna called me a taxi to take me back to my hotel.
I went out for a walk earlier just to get out and about (the drains are in my pockets lol) but wished i hadn't now as i feel sore from the walking. I shall be having my dressing changed daily, the clinic has arranged that a taxi collects me at 9am tomorrow morning where we hope the drains will be removed.

The cost of the surgery without lipo was £937 and all i can say is if you're thinking of getting it done - do it.
When we was in Katarzyna's car going to the hospital she asked me why i chose - when there are much bigger/famous clinics in Poland. I told her it was because all i have heard is good things, and then she went on to tell me that she used to work at one of the big/famous clinics and although more money can be earnt there, she is much happier running her own surgery where personal touch and personal care is of the most importance. In the bigger clinics i guess you are just one of many patients, but at - they only have one bed and their entire attention is on you.
Katarzyna is excellent and what she does and the whole - experience has been very pleasing.

Im here until 26th where i fly out in the morning, so i hope to have my stitches removed on the 25th. What i will say is if you're planning to get it done i advise that you stay until your stitches are removed (6 extra nights) as Katarzyna's after care is excellent and it's put my mind at ease that if anything does go wrong in the next few days then the clinic is only down the road.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:01:32 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
I'm really really delighted for you buddy! its a real positive to see that these people are professional. I was wondering how you had gotten on I remembered it was the 19th and was checkin to see how you gotten on! wishin you all the best now in teh future and do keep us posted of your healing process!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:44:18 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
oh ye just out of curosity whats your all in price including flights and accom? 937 stg plus wha? ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:44:31 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
You can't go wrong with -, well worth it.

Operation: £937
Flight (Easyjet): £117 Return (think the flight there was about £70-£80 and the return was £40-£50)
Hotel (Novotel 4*): 1533zl so approx £373'ish for 7 nights

Total - £1427'ish

Do it  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:46:47 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
3 days post-op now: minimal bruising, no swelling, looking good so far!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:44:42 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BB26

• Posting Member
I had the stiches removed earlier today, going home tomorrow! Still no swelling at all and looking better everyday  ;D

Just to add, - is a lovely city, i had a chance to sample the night life whilst i was here and the people of - are very nice people.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:03:35 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
looks brilliant buddy! its cool thats everything has gone so smoothly for you!! wish you all the best  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:46:25 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Congrats!!  I'm very happy for you.  I hope all is still well.  Its been 1 month since your op.  Please give us the update.  Swelling bruising etc..  Can you please post photos for us.  Pre op, post op and 1 month after op (current).

Also, please advise your height and weight so we can compare it to our own.

Did they give you a vest?  Are you still wearing it till now?  day & night?

Can you run around and play sports.  Are you back to normal yet?

Irish, did you decide to have the op as well?

Thanks...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:45:02 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
it's been 9months, updates? Pre & post-op photos?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:45:13 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
Im recently got the money togheter to get it done (aprox 2000,- euros, i have more to spend but i would love to keep it below the 2k limit) and i have been looking around for a good surgeon within europe to do the job.

Now i have been reading ALOT of VERY good stories about this - clinic in Poland, I could even make a small city trip out of it as i dont have any vacation plans yet.

Im going to look into it some more, and i would also love to see some before but especially after pics of procedures done by -!

Greetings!

(im super exited to get it done but finding a good surgeon is proving to be quite a task)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:47:34 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Has anyone besides BB26 gone to -?  Pls share your experience with photos.  Because I'm sorry to say, but BB26 your threads sound like the people in the clinic wrote them for sure.
Anyone been recently, please advise..  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:47:49 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
please write soon.  and remember to post photos.
thanks.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:48:09 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
Just got back from having gland removal + liposuction at - on the 27th of august.

I will keep you guys up to date in a detailed separate post which i will start later this week.

Now 5 days post op, still some bruising/swelling, minor soreness and no indentation or necrosis of the nipples.

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:46:11 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Hey mate,

Congrats on getting the op done and hope you are safely recovering.  Please message me about the whole experience.  5 days post op.. you're in any pain or discomfort at all?  is there some minor or a lot of bruising & swelling?
Most important question - when you see your chest now, is it flat?  Is it much flatter? Or dos it look the same as before..?

How long did it take to get to clinic form Berlin airport?

How is the clinic?  the staff the surgeon?

How is the town where clinic is?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:45:46 PM by Forum Adm »

Offline Shouse

Thankyou for the post BB26.

I have researched a bit on the internet for the clinic. Thank you for sharing your experience !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024