Author Topic: Surgery Book for 11-25  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Ready for a change

• Posting Member
I book my surgery today for 11-25 at 8:30. Im only getting excision of the gland and it will be done while im awake :-\ but they said its not a big deal and I wont feel a thing. I nervous but cant wait till its over ;D. Has anyone else got this dont while there awake?

Offline freefromG

• Bronze Member
If you can do it it will save you $ and that messed up feeling of anesthetic.

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
Excisson as in you're gettin your glands cut out??  I think you mean lipo cause I don't think they can cut you open while you're awake!!  How won't you feel it lol??  I'm confussed!! :-\
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
local anesthesia only.  a couple people have done it.  personally i'd prefer general just because i wouldn't want the memories of the sounds and the pulling.  if i ever had to, i'd ask them to let me play an ipod with the volume just below ear-threatening ;)  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Excisson as in you're gettin your glands cut out??  I think you mean lipo cause I don't think they can cut you open while you're awake!!  How won't you feel it lol??  I'm confussed!! :-\

Sure they can cut you open while you're awake dude...  As HHH01 mentioned, the PS uses a 'Local' anesthetic while performing the procedure. Unlike a 'General' anesthetic (knocked out cold), a 'Local' anesthetizes only the area of the body to be worked on. I'm sure it's very similar to going to the dentist and having your mouth frozen to have dental work done...

I've seen an excision only procedure done while the patient was awake...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Surgery can be done successfully under local anesthesia.  But be aware that in order to administer local anesthesia, there are injections into the chest area -- and they can be uncomfortable.  Once the injections are done, however, the area is numb.  You will be aware that they are working -- but there should be no pain.

Many patients prefer to have this done under general anesthesia -- so they don't know or feel anything.

I like to do the operation under sedation anesthesia (kind of a middle ground type of anesthesia), which is administered by a separate MD anesthesiologist.  I feel this offers the most comfort to the patient while the patient's status and safety is constantly monitored by a separate MD and while I concentrate on the surgery itself.

Good luck with your operation.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I book my surgery today for 11-25 at 8:30. Im only getting excision of the gland and it will be done while im awake :-\ but they said its not a big deal and I wont feel a thing. I nervous but cant wait till its over ;D. Has anyone else got this dont while there awake?

Each doctor has his / her own techniques.  In my opinion, local anesthesia alone is not enough to maximize comfort for good chest contouring and therefore not an option for my major sculpture contouring operations.

Plastic Surgery Anesthesia is an art form.  Sedation manages the patients conscious level.  Local and Tumescent Anesthesia manage the numbness and comfort.  For almost all of my gynecomastia surgery, local anesthesia with sedation provides a safer much more comfortable method.  The patient starts with medication from an IV given by my Anesthetist.  He is an artist who blends various medications that gently drift each patients off to sleep.  We have been working as a team for many years.  By the end of the operation the patient awakes, comfortable, with no nausea, and unaware of the time that has transpired.  My local anesthesia and tumescence is given after the patient is asleep. 

You can find an extensive individual patients' experience with comfort and my Tumescent Technique Anesthesia for gynecomastia here.  To validate your own doctor's methods you should be looking for patient experiences with that particular surgeon and his / her team.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

• Posting Member
I have a very minor case of puffy nipples with VERY VERY low body fat so he said there should be no Lipo needed. He said they will num the area and I will be given some type of pill before to relax me I forget what its called.

DrBermant

I have a very minor case of puffy nipples with VERY VERY low body fat so he said there should be no Lipo needed. He said they will num the area and I will be given some type of pill before to relax me I forget what its called.

Even for my subtle Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia, liposuction becomes a refinement tool for my sculpture.  However, each surgeon has their own methods to produce results.  You should check the results of what your doctor offers to see what his / her patients look like before / after surgery.  Before and after surgery pictures from many different angles tell the story of what can be done with a specific method.  Here is a post I explain how to pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
when he said excision i thought he was getting he glands removed and I didn't know doctors could remove your glands while you was awake!!  But I wouldn't want to be awake for that!!  When you get put to sleep it feels like you lay down for like 5 min. then you wake up.  With you being a wake, the shit prolly goin to seem like it's goin to take FOREVER lol.  but if you want it done that way do it bro.

• Posting Member
The only reason I chose to do so is because its going to save over $2000 (which my parents are paying for) so im going to suck it up and do it ;D

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
Oh ok i feel yah man!  Well i hope the shit goes how you want and that's tight your parents paying for it for you!!

DrBermant

The only reason I chose to do so is because its going to save over $2000 (which my parents are paying for) so im going to suck it up and do it ;D

Revision surgery is often much more difficult and can cost quite a bit more. That is why basing surgeon choice on demonstrated skill can be an overall less expensive option.  Good luck on what ever course you chose!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024