Author Topic: The operation is in clear view  (Read 1833 times)

Offline EatingCake

• Posting Member
Greetings to the gynecomastia commmunity,

I will spare you my sob story as I'm sure all of you have seen quite a lot, and believe most of them are relatively the same, to cut a long story short I finally am doing something about my condition, I went to see a plastic surgeon yesterday and he contends I do not have gynecomastia but rather just excess fatty tissue - as there is no gland there. I currently weigh at 70 kg and my height is about 177cm give or take and 19 years of age.

I can see my rib cages and veins, yet I have fatty breasts. Bit of an annoyance, anyhow, my plastic surgeon was telling my I will lose feeling (permanantly) after the operation, in my lower aerola - he said at first it will be the whole breast but it will reduce after a few days and then the nipple itself the bottom half will be numb till the day I die, now - as I am a man, this may seem rather trivial and I will be going through this surgery regardless if this factor is completely true or not.

However, I want to prepare myself, will it really be numb forever? I have read stories that the loss of feeling is short lived - the plastic surgeon also said he has done only about 6 gynecomastia surgeries this year alone, but obviously more previously, he claims that the operation is not at all common and inquired why I wanted it, the plastic surgeon I'm seeing mainly specializes in reconstructive surgery (car accidents and such) - he rated it my breast tissue at 3 out of 10 severity. The surgeon will be doing liposuction and cutting the fatty tissue out, and the last thing is he said I will only need 1 compression vest and wear it 10 days post operation. I think the price of this plastic surgeon is $4,000 roughly, and the plastic surgeons father is chief of medicine at a hospital in my city. So it should all be good right?

Also my operation is on the 14th of December, roughly 2 and a half weeks away.

Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:41:33 AM by EatingCake »
op pictures: - 12th of December 2009 surgery
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19668.0

Offline lighting506

• Posting Member
Sounds as you do have gyno because you're really skinny. I'm also around 178cm and around 75kg and I'm around good weight.

Do you feel the gland behind your nipples?

Your Dr. sounds a bit too safe. I've heard the full-time loss of sense in your nipples is VERY rare (around 0.5% of patients). Usually all feeling comes back in around week.

Offline EatingCake

• Posting Member
My Doctor felt around the nipple and ask for my hands to be placed on my hips when he was assessing them, and he asked if I was in any pain by him squeezing and pressing them in, and I said no, and also said he feels no lumps just skin - loose skin. If it helps about 3 years ago I was a bit chubby at 80 kg, and I smoked weed almost everyday would spend easily $150 a week on it and the occasional tranqs. Only tried amphetamines twice and I didn't like it, so now I'm clean as can be, and the only thing I will have now is an occasional scotch or vodka, also I don't smoke.

I eat very healthy - eat my greens, eat fish, chicken, meat, eggs, heaps of nuts and seeds, and fruit. I have an active lifestyle when it comes to fitness, such as cardio and wieght lifting. Because my lifestyle is of such, will the healing speed up relatively quicker? Or it makes no difference whatsoever. Thanks for the previous response I'm a little more chilled out now, I think maybe my doctor thinks, any risk is a risk no matter how unlikely - much like at law school what were learning.

Hope this helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024