Author Topic: My Story  (Read 4250 times)

Offline Trycer6

• Posting Member
First of all I should preface this story by saying that I am having surgery in 10 days (December 22), so hopefully this nightmare is almost over. If the surgeon fucks it up my dad has promised that he will pay for any amount of surgery necessary to get the problem corrected. Despite the numerous problems in my life, I was lucky enough to be born with wealthy and supportive parents, so I am confident that my gyno will be fixed eventually. I  just kind of want to reflect on how gyno has fucked up my life, and how hopefully I can move forward with things once I get this surgery done. This is mostly for me, but feel free to comment.

I have had gyno since I was eleven. By nature, I think, I am a handsome and outgoing guy. I am at ease around other dudes and I make friends easily (more like acquaintances, actually - I don't have many real friends). But around girls... oh god. I can't even think of anything to say because my mind is paralyzed by the thought that the girl is staring at my enormous breasts. I have kissed one goddamn girl in my whole life and I'm seventeen years old. This has caused a number of my friends to question my sexuality. I'm straight, I'm so fucking straight, but I just can't prove it to them and it rips at my soul.

But gyne hasn't just screwed up my sex life - it's screwed up my whole life. Like many of you, I hate myself. My family has a history of depression on both sides - my dad's brother killed himself and my mom's dad has lived a miserable, hopeless life because of his depression (and his man boobs - thanks grandpa). So, I would probably be somewhat depressed even if I didn't have gyno. But gyno has magnified the problem significantly. I am a bad friend - I let people down, I tell them the hard truth when they need a comforting lie, I sell people out when it benefits me. I alienate everyone I can because I think that if I project the image that I just don't care than people will respect me in some twisted way instead of pitying me. I have maybe two friends in my whole life who would shed a tear if I died tomorrow. I have also tried my hardest to alienate my family (rampant drug and alcohol use and generally just being an not a nice person) but my dad has always had my back and tried to help me so I think my family situation is okay. In terms of school... I do well. I'm not particularly intelligent, but I have a perfect memory and an ability to focus very hard. I attend one of the best private high schools in my state and I get all A's in the hardest classes and I'm going to an Ivy League college next fall. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just letting you guys know my whole story. A lot of times when I get really down and I think about pulling the trigger, I think about college and education and the fact that I have the opportunity to make a lot of money and be happy if I can just beat this fucking problem. This is probably the main reason that I'm not dead yet.

Basically, I have taken all of the problems in my life and blamed them on my man boobs. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. If I get the surgery and everything is fixed, then I am going to be the happiest person on the planet. But if I get the surgery and I'm still miserable, or if for some reason the surgery fails... I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess there's always the easy way out but I'm too scared to die to actually take it. That's a good thing, I think. Hopefully everything works out and I get a girlfriend and get a good job and get married and life a great fucking life. But that seems so alien right now. If you read all of this, thank you and feel free to comment. 10 more fucking days.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
so sorry to hear your story man. I know everyone is different but Ive learned to live with my breasts & would say that once you get past a certain point you might realise having boobs isnt the end of the world & yes you can live with them & yes only a very few (a55holes) will give you grief over them & you can have a fulifiled & happy life with any genuine girl.

all the best.

Offline quanta321

• Posting Member
Well I've gone off the deep end, lmao. Right now I'm going outside naked when its 10 minus celcius and I'm chopping wood with a fucking axe BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
good story, trycer, most of us can relate. 

quanta, if i tried that, i bet i could knock out half a cord ;-) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I have kissed one goddamn girl in my whole life and I'm seventeen years old.

Don't feel bad dude...  I was 21 when I had my first...   :-\

We feel your pain Broh... hang in there... you'll soon be m(o)(o)b free!

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
My surgerys also on the 22nd and I'm hoping to god (if there is one?) that it goes as well as it can and I'm finally freed... And I do genuinely beleive if this is the case my life will change to quite an extent and I will be much happier. However, you can't blame everything in your life on this problem, and i'm not sure it's realistic you can expect your whole life to turn around after this, however I hope for you it really does. I think you should also consider speaking to someone who can listen to exactly how you feel and offer you some guidance in how to cope mentally aswell.

Best of luck on the 22nd, hope we both get a great result man!

Offline Trycer6

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies everyone. I know it's dumb to blame all of my problems on the boobs, but I can't help myself, it seems like EVERYTHING just links back to them in some way... anyway, hopefully it will all be over soon.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
We hear stories both ways.

For some they get a whole new lease on life while others find that it did little to nothing for them.

I think the difference has more to do with what is going on between the ears than it has to do with what is on the chest.

If a person has a good self image to start with and Gynecomastia is his only (or at least his major) issue, his lot will improve.

Conversely, a person who is really down may not notice much of a change.

Surgery cannot change who, and what, you are.
Grandpa Dan

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
We hear stories both ways.

For some they get a whole new lease on life while others find that it did little to nothing for them.

I think the difference has more to do with what is going on between the ears than it has to do with what is on the chest.

If a person has a good self image to start with and Gynecomastia is his only (or at least his major) issue, his lot will improve.

Conversely, a person who is really down may not notice much of a change.

Surgery cannot change who, and what, you are.

Dis was me...and you're right!!!!

For the person who posted this, once you get this surgery you'll be ok man!  As far as the girl situation don't even worry about that man because you're not getting none now doesn't mean shit.  You might get luckky and get 2 in one night.  Girls love guys with confidence and they can tell.  You're goin to meet sooo many freaks in college, and trust me they're out there haha!!  Hope everything goes well on the 22nd.  On the 23rd I'm goin to be goin in for my 2 month post op!!

Fluffy( o )v( o )...
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline omega

• Silver Member
Had my surgery when i was 16. I hadent kissed ONE girl before that, so hey! Atleast you've kissed one :P
And trust me man, it will change your life!
GOOD LUCK!

Offline Trycer6

• Posting Member
Thanks for the kind responses everyone. I'm now at T minus 4 days and I can barely stand the anticipation... on a different note I've had another major disappointment in my life and I'm feeling pretty down... but I'm confident this surgery will turn things around. I feel like if I get rid of the moobs I can handle just about any problem in this world.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:22:45 PM by Trycer6 »

Offline Trycer6

• Posting Member
So I'm about 18 hours post-op and I feel good, I will post some pics when I get the chance.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024