Author Topic: Surgery only a few days away!  (Read 3413 times)

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
Hello All, I joined this site a few months ago and cannot tell you what a relief it has been in helping me on my decision
to go in for Gyne surgery!  I am 5'9"  35yrs old and about 183lbs.  I will be going in for surgery in NYC next week after over 20years with this condition. You all know what anguish this condition has caused in your own experiences, so I will not bore you with my sob story. The only thing that matters now is getting rid of this burden and looking forward to a new life with none of gynecomastia's restrictions.  Wish me luck! 8)

Below are some Pre-op pictures I took today...hope to put up Post-op pics in a week or so.

http://img46.imageshack.us/g/img3757.jpg/

Would like to hear from you guys who've went thru surgery all by yourselves(no wife,gf,parents,etc).....How difficult a time did you have during the recovery process?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 07:08:11 PM by tapingthemdown »

Offline thirsty

• Posting Member
When is the big day? Getting psyched?

Offline rickster49

• Posting Member
Best of luck to ya!! Please keep us posted with your progress.

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
Well fellas I finally had my surgery this week!!! ;D ;
Had liposuction and excision of glands under both nipples. Tomorrow is when I get to take off the bandages!  I wanna thank everyone on this board who shared their experiences and tips, for without finding this board i'd been still "tapingthemdown"
I'm on my second nite after the surgery, and am really achey/sore. I hope some of the soreness lessens by X-mas.

Hope to have some updates & post-op photos up by the weekend.

Offline rickster49

• Posting Member
Congratulations dude!!

You got an early Christmas gift.
And you won't have to buy anymore "tape" LOL
Hope to see more updates soon.

Take Care!

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! 

Below are a few updated photos ,about 8 days post op
Hope I'm wearing this compression vest right..getting swelling? under my left side armpits, but i'm still flat as a board! :)  I also still have a bunch of discoloration from using tape to hide the gyne. Cant tell much in these photos but its actually much darker.
My gut is getting humongous over all of this sitting around and eating holiday foods.

Other than that, what do guys think so far?

http://img710.imageshack.us/g/img3767i.jpg/

Offline rickster49

• Posting Member
Wow what a excellent result, your surgeon did a terrific job.
My gyne is almost exactly like your's (size wise anyway) and I'd be thrilled to get
results like your's.

You should check with your doctor about the vest maybe its
to tight?!?

Also can you let us know who did your surgery?

Take care!

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
Thanks Rickster49   My surgeon was Dr Jacobs NYC. I definitely recommend a consultation with him as he and his staff are the BEST!   You will not regret it . The surgery is the easy part, the wait for final results after recovery is the hard part! I want to take a swim and wear the tons of shirts I couldn't before the surgery but have to continue to hide my chest until I'm cleared to ditch the compression garment.  Take care , & hope to hear your success story soon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024