Author Topic: More fat and less gland  (Read 2463 times)

Offline u_free_luv

• Posting Member
I had a surgery on friday mng.i have still not seen the results as iam heavily padded up....doctor has said that there was lot of fibre and fat present and less of a gland.althogh he has removed the fat and gland i am worried that i might put up the fat again ..does the fat accumulate again in the same area if yes what are the chances..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are just about 24 hours post op and already worrying!!  Take it easy and wait to see your new chest.  At that time, you should ask your surgeon exactly what he found and what the chances are for any recurrence.  Oh, by the way, fat does not preferentially decide to re-accumulate on your chest after gyne surgery.  You would have to gain a large amount of weight to see any increase in chest size -- and that weight would be more evenly distributed on your body.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I had a surgery on friday mng.i have still not seen the results as iam heavily padded up....doctor has said that there was lot of fibre and fat present and less of a gland.althogh he has removed the fat and gland i am worried that i might put up the fat again ..does the fat accumulate again in the same area if yes what are the chances..

What fat cells have been removed / destroyed with surgery are gone forever. Fat cells do not regenerate nor reform. Good surgery leaves a layer of fat behind for contour and animation. Skin adherent to muscle without that fat look terrible with movement. The amount of fat contained in each remaining fat cell can vary. Surgery does not prevent these remaining fat cells to put on extra fat while gaining weight. Surgery is also not an alternate to losing weight. Men tend to put fat on the breast and belly regions. Weight gain after surgery can result in new fat breast contour problems.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024