Author Topic: People noticed you had surgery?  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
has anyone who has had gynecomastia surgery, had people without knowlegde of their surgery suspect that they had one? Do you ever get comments from people who dont know you had the procedure done?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
No...  

If they have, they have not said anything...

GB...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:58:00 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Anonymous_Man

• Posting Member
I just set up an appointment for surgery today and wondered the same question.  I am sure someone will notice.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are exceptions of course, but usually the problems associated with gynecomastia are self inflicted. It is highly unlikely that others will take notice. You will notice a change for sure.
Grandpa Dan

Offline F-NIch

• Posting Member
I just told people I had cysts removed from my chest.  No one has questioned it past that.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
A few people at the gym where I work out complimented me on my weight loss, and added something to the effect of, "you lost weight everywhere, even your chest" - and I just nod and smile and say something along the lines of "yeah, it was alot of hard work, but I'm getting there."

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
A few people at the gym where I work out complimented me on my weight loss, and added something to the effect of, "you lost weight everywhere, even your chest" - and I just nod and smile and say something along the lines of "yeah, it was alot of hard work, but I'm getting there."

Do they seem suspicious of your very sudden "weight loss" on your chest?

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I can't say for sure, but I definitely didn't get that vibe from anyone... I really got the sense that they though that it was a part of my weight loss.

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
I think this all depends on the individual and how much work had to be done.  If the gynecomastia was only noticable to extemely perceptive people, then chances are, no one will notice the difference (conservatively dressed anyway).  The things that may get noticed are if all of a sudden you become Shirtless Beach Guy (as I plan to be, in order to make up for lost time) to the people that may have speculated as to why you never took your shirt off before.  BUT, if they are unaware of the surgery, it's likely that most folks won't put 2 and 2 together.  If they do, hey, good for them and good for you.

Only ONE comment after my surgery so far...  One guy at work asked me, twice, "if I lost weight or something."  I said no.

Another way I've been looking at it...

If someone that knows you well notices something different, it may help to disprove something that someone may have thought they noticed about you before.  Know what I mean?

Offline dondante

• Gold Member

If someone that knows you well notices something different, it may help to disprove something that someone may have thought they noticed about you before.  Know what I mean?

I absolutely get what you mean by that. peoples impressions are so fleeting to begin with - they can be easily reversible.

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
I guess most people have no concept of gynecomastia surgery, so they arent really going to notice I had it.

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
I guess most people have no concept of gynecomastia surgery, so they arent really going to notice I had it.

I totally agree with that.  However, like I said, the really perceptive people would have noticed your condition before and may now notice it's gone.  They'll think something is up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024