Author Topic: Ireland  (Read 5239 times)

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
Hi all just lettin who ever know in Ireland that I am gettin my surgery done in June finally got the ball rolling probably after a year of reseearcH I was going to get it done in Poland and did get in contact with several great places( as you will see my threads under the polish thread) but I recently got onto my Health Insurance and found out that the whole thing is covered here at home, after bout a month of going to my GP and gettin blood tests and results I met with the Surgeon this morning and they are getting back to me with a date in June. So relieved and happy its finally happening! 15 years with this and can't belive its going to be resolved. Will keep you allup to date. any questions send em my way
 ;D

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
hey guys update is surgeon was onto me he booked me in for next week I cant get over its happening so soon! he wants me to go in twice he's doing one at a time so first op is next week and the 2nd is 2weeks later!wish me luck!

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
just had first sugery really pleased so far gettin second one done in June. happy healin :) ...cant believe 15 years i put up with this and all it took was an hour and its fixed!! ;D

Offline fffuuugyno

• Posting Member
Hey, good to hear everything is going wel! What surgeon / clinic trrated you in Dublin?

Cheers

Offline irishpd

• Posting Member
got it done in vincents private, get onto your vhi it depends on where the sugren works out of i could have gone to any of them to be honest. james geraghty was the surgen. Im few months since had done, still healin left one was a lot worse and is still bit sensitive, had a seroma(fluid) which he drained twice and thought i'd have to get it drained again. but seems to be going down. it takes time for healing though.i'd look into a few surgens to be honest

Offline irishguy18

• Posting Member
Guys, I've had two procedures done on VHI (both in St. Michael's, Dun Laoghaire with same surgeon) and I would STRONGLY recommend you check out the surgeons.

Surgeon was renowned for his work but I think his experience lies in the reconstructive field rather than aesthetic procedures like removal of breast tissue. Both times very dated techniques were used which left me with crater/dish deformity.

Hoping to head to Poland this year to try and make the best of what I've been left with. Just saying be careful and make sure you know all about the procedure/technique the surgeon is proposing 'cos some of them haven't the foggiest what they're doing and don't even care.

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear that mate. A lot of surgeons are just out to make as much money as possible and don't give a damn about the damage they cause us. Good luck in the future mate.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024