Author Topic: Finally going to have surgery!  (Read 2056 times)

Offline puffynipsman

• Posting Member
Hey all,

I'm 29 years old and I've had puffy nipples since I was 12 or 13. They have always bothered me but I'm finally to the point where I want to have surgery. I'm tired of not wearing the shirts I want to wear and not taking my shirt off around others.

I'm 5'8" and 148 lbs. I have a very small amount of fat on my chest (slightly more on one side than the other) and overall am fairly physically fit. When I was extremely active in my early 20s, I was down to 140 lbs and had almost no extra fat on my chest, but my puffy nipples remained the same size.

I had my first consultation today, and it was with a FEMALE plastic surgeon in my area. She's well-respected and although I was a bit leery of a female gyno surgeon, she said she had performed puffy nipple surgeries many times and seemed to know what she was talking about.

I was extremely relieved to hear her bring up crater deformities on her own and how she planned on avoiding them with me. She said that since excess fat doesn't seem to be a problem in my case, and because the breast tissue under my areolas doesn't feel extremely thick, she'll remove the breast tissue and taper the craters' edges and remove some surrounding fat/tissue as necessary to make sure the skin lays flat during healing and doesn't sink in. She said she wouldn't need to use lipo at all but rather just her regular tools. I believe she used the word feathering but I could be mistaken.

Does this sound like a good technique? I have not committed to her yet and am planning on seeing at least two other surgeons before making a decision. I want to make the best choice in surgeon so I can be done with this awful condition once and for all!

Thanks to all here who have contributed information. Reading this board has been a real God send.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024