Author Topic: So...what do i do?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline anonymousperson0123

After scouring these forums, and dealing with my gynecomastia for 4 years now (currently 17)...i have decided to do the only thing that I can do...accept it and move on.
I cannot afford surgery, and there are no other options. I guess I will just have to tell my friends and family of my problem, and hope that they only laugh a little bit.

How should i do this? How should i tell my family and friends? Who should i tell first?
My mom is rather incompetent and I dont think she will understand how serious this is for me
and my step dad will surely make fun of me and grab my "boobs" and call me a girl...this is for sure.

but i am tired of this condition holding me back. i dont have a girlfriend because of it and that is my main problem
so how should i go about this....just go swimming one day and say "okay look, i have huge nipples, but its a condition called gynecomastia and i should prbly go to the doctor to see what i can have done..."? because that is basically how i plan on breaking the news...

WHAT DO I DO?...I know im gonna chicken out

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
I wouldn't let your condition affect having a girlfriend.  A relationship with someone will proceed as relationships do, regardless of what your chest looks like.  Besides, there's no prerequisite for you to take your shirt off in front of her before starting up a relationship.  Chances are, if she winds up liking you, she's not going to care about your chest anyway.  And if she does, she's not worth having in the first place. Would you not like her if you found that her chest wasn't what you were expecting? 

If you don't think your mom will understand, then I wouldn't tell her.  Same for your step-dad.  If they can't be supportive and help you and make you feel okay about your condition, then there's no reason to discuss it with them.

As far as swimming, I'd just wear a shirt into the pool.  Yes, people will notice and they will ask you why you are wearing it.  Depending on who they are, you can either choose to tell them the real reason, or not.  If you tell them, I'd recommend being very matter of fact about it.  The less concerned you are about it, the less they will be concerned, too.....and vice versa. Any resulting teasing will be a lot less because they aren't going to tease you as much about something they haven't seen.

Good luck with it. 

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
I think you are worrying too much about what others think of you. That is perfectly normal at your age. I probably sound patronising but believe me when you are a bit older you will realise such things, while bothersome, are not really part of the bigger picture of your life!
If anything this can make you a stronger person.

Why tell or discuss your gyne with anyone anyway? If its as bad as you think, everyone will already be aware of it! Its more likely that YOU are more aware of it than anyone else.

Jim

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024