Author Topic: Compression Vests  (Read 3181 times)

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
Once you have the surgery, can you see that you're wearing the vests - as in completely noticeable?   I'm a VP of Sales and contently wearing suits and wondering if it's going to effect the way clothes fit.

Thanks

Offline gynedowner

• Posting Member
It really depends. When I first got my surgery, i wore a thick layer of dressings underneath my compression vest for the first night. Wearing all of that over a buttoned shirt was a little bulky looking. Once they removed my dressings and I was just wearing the vest, I'd say only I could tell the difference when looking. It is kinda obvious that you don't have any nipple protrusion or shape underneath your clothes. But it really just looks like you're wearing an A-shirt underneath. However, I have had someone comment on how stiff I look walking about as the the vest limits your mobility a bit. I just say that I was out playing soccer with the neighborhood kids and I'm really sore.

I'd say that you could get away with wearing a vest underneath a suit easily, and since you have such a high position in your company it wouldn't hurt to look a little more stiff in a suit. The vest makes you stand up straight! Maybe i notice it more because i've been hunching all these years to hide it. So, unless you're wearing really tight fitting suits, you're probably going to get through it without anyone noticing. Good luck.

DrBermant

Once you have the surgery, can you see that you're wearing the vests - as in completely noticeable?   I'm a VP of Sales and contently wearing suits and wondering if it's going to effect the way clothes fit.

Thanks

Not all after surgery compression garments are the same. I use only a After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Vest without other binders or wraps. This vest hides nicely under a normal dress shirt. It shows badly under fine French silk. My many executives are typically back to light duty work the day after surgery. Not being noticed after surgery also depends on Pain and Comfort after Male Breast Reduction. After surgery, my patients typically tell me they feel like they had a heavy work out and have a sore chest. Although we prescribe a strong pain medication, almost all tell me that plain Tylenol is more than enough to maintain their comfort.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024