Author Topic: 3-days - Sugery Monday Morning  (Read 3353 times)

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
I have to say, I'm scared, nervous and excited at the same time. 

I'm flying into SF on Sunday and having Dr. Delgado do my surgery on Monday. 

Hoping for the best and quick recovery.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
Best off luck and keep us posted on your experience.

I'm thinking of seeing Dr Delgado for revision surgery.

Offline robs

• Posting Member
bro, I know exactly how you feel...such a weird combination of emotions. 

I had my surgery almost a month ago and I was extremely nervous the week leading up to my surgery.  I kept thinking what the hell did I get myself into...surgery!?! getting put to sleep....aaaahhhhhh!

In the end, the surgery was a breeze, getting put under was kind of fun!

The ONLY negative thing about the whole experience is having to wear the annoying compression vest and inspecting the results on a daily basis and knit-picking the swelling, scar tissue, etc.

But, as we all know, NO PAIN NO GAIN!  (actually, it was not really any pain, just sore) What I mean is that in order to enjoy such a massive, positive change, it is going to involve some discomfort. 

Anyway, all the best for your surgery, take it easy and focus on the idea that in a month or so, you will be able to wear a light tshit without a care in the world...

Offline GynoCurious

• Posting Member
best of luck DWL. I had surgery with Dr. Delgado 4 weeks ago. You are in good hands.

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
Less than 24 hours away from my surgery w/ Delgado.  My wife and I have made our way to Navato, and I'm scheduled for 10 AM tomorrow morning.   

So many emotions - ugh.

Offline robs

• Posting Member
dude, don't worry, everything will be fine!  This is a routine procedure and you are in good hands.  get some rest.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
best of luck!
let us know how it went.

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
Well....I did it.  It was quite the morning because Dr. Delgado was running late.  We were originally scheduled for 10 AM surgery, but it ended up being 12:30.

A few thoughts:

1.  I was so incredibly nervous.  My wife was with me, and my legs were seriously shaking.
2.  Dr. Delgado is very kind, as is all his staff.
3.  They hooked me up to an IV, then walked me to the surgery room......next thing i know, I was waking up.  Quite odd, for someone that's never had a surgery.  Just a crazy feeling to forget a couple hours of your life.  I'd be a horrible drug addict - LOL
4.  I'm sore - not incredibly sore, as I'm sure the shots haven't worn off yet, but so far so good.
5.  It's done.  I did it.  I still have mixed emotions, but my chest seems flat - I'm on the other side.   One word, liberating.

For a 35 year old man, I feel like a boy again.   Emotions, as they're probably half because of the drugs, are running wild.  I still cant believe i did this, but I feel i chose the best doctor I could.

Thanks to the owner of this board, and all that post.   Just because you had your surgery and your moobs are no gone, don't leave everyone else and the newbies.   Everyone's support is needed.

I'll continue to post.

Offline alphajc

• Posting Member
Yes please continue posting, too many people vanish after getting their surgery done.  Considering the high interest in Dr. Delgado on this board, a lot of people would like to hear your full post-surgery experience.

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
Day 2 - Post Op

Well, I slept alright last night, other than the sharp pain shooting into my nipples.  It was pretty weird, but assuming it's all normal.

I'm a bit sore throughout, not too bad though......but then again, I havent got up to move around much.  Other than the restroom, etc.   

My armpits are pretty sore - half because the best and partly because it looks like that's where the drains are coming from.

All in all, so far so good.   

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
DWL,
tubes should have been removed by now and you should have an idea about the results. please keep us updated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024