Author Topic: Going for surgery tomorrow  (Read 2401 times)

Offline vishman14

• Posting Member
Hello Everybody.

Im a 5'9 19 year old male with gynecomastia, and ive had it for as long as i remember(about 10 years old). Throughout most of my childhood and into my teenage years i was very overweight. Around december 2007 i was about 210 pounds at age 16. By summer 2009 i reduced my weight to 140 lbs. Today i weigh about 160, due to me lifting weights rather then just straight cardio. While the gut, lovehandles, and double chin went away, the boobs did not. Like most men this has destroyed my self confidence. No swimming pool, no sleeping without a shirt on hot summer nights. After YEARS of research i finally got the guts to get the surgery, accepting the fact that ive done all that i can to lose the condition. Ive got no idea what to expect,as far as scarring, sweilling and pain. Im also nervous about getting anasthesia. Can somebody tell me their expericence. How bad was the pain and scarring? What kind of anasthesia did they use? When can i start exercising again? Any helpful tips are much appreciated.

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Congrats on the surgery, hope it all goes well for you!!!

No need to be worried about Anasthesia, read any of the stories here and the most common reaction people have is "wow its over already", it feels like you just took a small nap, with todays modern anesthetics its a breeze and the medical staff will put you completely at ease.

Swelling and scaring depends on your surgeon and resting after your surgery. 4-6 months is the estimate time for swelling to subside and scars can take up to a year but after your back to normal you won't pay to much attention to either unless you have your shirt off.

I didn't feel pain until a few days after the operation but its a mild pain, I didn't need to take any painkillers. Just make sure your rest a lot for the first 2 weeks and eat healthy, also don't raise your arms up or pick at your stitches/bandages. And don't judge your chest until several months from now, just relax and let your body heal.

Everyone is different for healing but I would wait 6 weeks+ before you start to exercise with weights. You should start walking and light jogging as soon as you can post op. I'm 3 months post op and have started working out properly again with no problem.

Good luck tomorrow.

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member

Ive got no idea what to expect,as far as scarring, sweilling and pain.

Im also nervous about getting anasthesia. Can somebody tell me their expericence.

too late - but still  i'll rite

expect the unexpected.. i m serious..
wot u expect is: pain
and wot u dont expect is : no pain :) rite:)

as much skeptical I was that this op could go wrong and i cud be dead and something cud go rong.and i cud end up paralyzed...u know all that shit which comes to ur mind when its ur FIRST op:)....i was wrong..

science has improved way too much and if i was rich and there was science improvement fund.. i wud have donate all of it there :)..

starting from anasthesia: probably the best sleep you will have in your life.. many ppl complain of the needle(THE IV) ..but i didn't even feel the pain .
once the anastheia is done. u wake up and its over:).

one u wake up.. pain factor on the scale of 1  to 10 ...its -10..yes thats rite..negative 10 mate.. i literally had no pain.

what i had was the following:

1. very dry throat
2. very less energy
3. very uncomfortable ( due to bandages and vest)
4. very sleeepy :)

but after 48 hours..i m not kidding.. literally after 48 hours i was:

1. back to normal throat( did drink lot of water i must admit)
2. sleep was back to normal
3. a bit uncomortable as i cud sleep only on my back-- and i am used to sleep on my stomach
4. energy levels were almost back to normal.

How bad was the pain and scarring? What kind of anasthesia did they use? When can i start exercising again? Any helpful tips are much appreciated.
as i mentioned pain factor was really negligible. I will be posting my pics soon.. after 1.5 months and you can see the scaring.
I went to the gym on sunday the 9th jan. i had my op on 23rd nov.. so almost 1 month and 15 days.. i did bis and tris on sunday.. i took some rest..and i was back again yesterday(tuesday - 11th jan)..did  quads/hams-

mate - get it done- feel better-- feel confident- live life:) ..do not think twice...evey second of discomfort in first week is worth the confidence you get after the op..

i hope to see you on this side soon:)
====================================================================
My Before and After :
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21866.msg148419#msg148419
====================================================================

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024