Author Topic: Puffy Nipples, not so much "fat" breasts  (Read 2434 times)

Offline dman1234

Doctors,

I don't think that I really need liposuction.  My issue is strictly a puffy nipple.  If my nipples are hard I have no problem, so before I ever take my shirt off I rub my nipples to make them hard (which obviously doesn't last long so I am doing this WAY to often while shirtless).  Is there a pill or cream that can fix this?  From the journals I've read it sounds like a testosterone /estrogen imbalance but I don't know how to balance that.  Otherwise, is there a surgery that treats just the puffy nipples and not so much the "fat" aspect?  Please advise... fyi I am 24 and have been hiding it since I was 14, never told anyone, ten years is a long time and I've had enough!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Puffy nipples are a hallmark of the mildest form of gynecomastia, and surgery is the only way that I know to correct the problem.  I have had patients ask about creams and lotions to keep the nipples contracted, and other than living in a cold environment (where you wouldn't take your shirt off anyway!), I'm not aware of anything that will do this.

Surgery to correct the puffy nipples is the focus, but the fat needs to be addressed as well to provide an even contour by feathering the periphery of the treated area.  It's not so much that you need to have a lot of fat removed, but you may need some contouring in addition to the direct excision of the tissue which causes the puffiness.

Ten years is a long time, but make sure you spend some time in finding a surgeon who will get you a good result.  Good luck.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery