Author Topic: Please help ! surgery in two weeks!  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Entouragee

• Posting Member
Hello I am having surgery in two weeks with Dr. Jacobs and he told me that I was slightly anemic according to my blood test. I have had a least a dozen blood test's in the past and no doctor ever told me I had a problem with anything -- I had to get blood drawn a few days before this test for school purpose's and I was wondering if a few days apart of drawing blood can cause the 2ND test to show me as anemic? I don't have the first one's results so I can't tell but this is all I could come up with. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and get 120g of protein a day or try to at least if that means anything. Thank you ! I'm only asking because its Friday and I can't get in touch with my normal MD and I don't want to be freaking out all weekend. :(

Offline waves

• Silver Member
I'm going to guess you were in the normal range but close to the anemic side of things.  But still NORMAL.  I wouldn't worry about it until you meet the doc again and ask him what he meant.

Offline suave101

yeah, i'm guessing you were probably on the lower range of normal in terms of your hemoglobin levels. you can start an iron supplement (if the anemia is from iron deficiency) and get another blood draw a few days before; but i don't think it'll affect your surgery or your outcomes; best of luck to you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024