Author Topic: Gyno Trifecta  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I developed gyno as a teenager resulting from the classic hormone inbalance.  A few years ago my treatment for prostate cancer included a year of hormone suppression.  After about 7 or 8 months into this treatment cycle I began to experience some breast pain and discomfort; this was followed by some increase in breast size. Fortunately I had come to terms with having gyno in my 40's and have worn a bra for the past few years.  I'm now quickly approaching 62 and recently have begun to experience that breast pain again and anticipate further growth to follow.  I suspect this is the result of the normal decrease in my testosterone level that is part of aging. Would you agree with my self-diagnosis?  And have other guys had similiar experiences?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'm 73. Your case sounds very familiar except that I have been more fortunate and only had BPH not cancer.
Grandpa Dan

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
I developed gyno as a teenager resulting from the classic hormone inbalance.  A few years ago my treatment for prostate cancer included a year of hormone suppression.  After about 7 or 8 months into this treatment cycle I began to experience some breast pain and discomfort; this was followed by some increase in breast size. Fortunately I had come to terms with having gyno in my 40's and have worn a bra for the past few years.  I'm now quickly approaching 62 and recently have begun to experience that breast pain again and anticipate further growth to follow.  I suspect this is the result of the normal decrease in my testosterone level that is part of aging. Would you agree with my self-diagnosis?  And have other guys had similiar experiences?

Sounds logical, but I would go to the doctor to make sure the pain in your chest isn't something more dangerous than gyne.

Offline beesinbailey

Like my grandmother once said... "Growing old is not for sissies."

Probably an intelligent idea to seek a second opinion though.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
During my annual follow up with the urologist for my past prostate cancer I mentioned the the intermittent pain in my breasts.  I noted that the pain was similar to the breast pain experienced in the past while on lupron.  He immediately ruled out any long term effect of the lupron.  Rather he order blood tests for hormone levels.  Although he never mentioned gynecomastia during the visit he listed it as the diagnosis on the prescription slip for the lab work.  The lab results indicate that the testosterone levels are in the normal range but the estrogen level is above the normal range. Since the testosterone level is in the normal range he was satisfied with the results.  I can only infer that the additional gynecomastia activity is normal for my age.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024