Author Topic: 11 Weeks Post Op and it doesn't look any better!  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Mnbbs

I'm 34 that has had gynecomastia since 13 years old. Went to three different PS in southwest virginia and went with one that said he does them all the time. He said mine was mild but it didn't seem mild to me. I've got tissue underneath and he knew that going in. He said he would be able to get it all with lipo. I'm at 11 weeks now and it is about the same if not worse then before. They are still very tender and I cannot run without the vest or they hurt. He wants me to come back in august for a 6 month post op checkup to see if he need to do another lipo. He said he would just "touch it up with some more lipo". I've looked at some of the people on this forum and they look better the hour after surgery than I do at 11 weeks. I know I have the gland underneath on the left side (see the pics, the left side is bigger) and he wants to do more lipo? 

Any help would be appreciated. Should I go get another opinion now or wait til six months post op? He said I have cysts on the left side and I have some fluid in the chest still.

Any suggestions?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First of all, I would wait out the six months before committing to anything.  You need that amount of time for everything to settle down from the first operation and to be able to make rational decisions on any planned revision surgery.

Would also post some before photos of yourself so that we can look at the difference between before and after surgery.  You look like a big guy -- and oftentimes (for technical reasons) surgery will only reduce the size of the breasts -- it will not give you a "Schwarznegger-type" chest.

Best advice is to try to lose some weight during the next three months as well.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Mnbbs

Thanks for the advice. I will wait the full six months to get second opinion. I'm 6'1" 205 lbs. I was 185-190 lbs before surgery. I didn't exercise about a month after surgery due to the pain I felt on the left side. When I was 185 lbs I looked worse since they showed more. The funny thing is I eat small healthy, whole food meals with no sugar, no junk food, no fast food and I exercise at the gym twice a week. But I still packed it on in the first month from surgery. My wife can eat junk all day and she will lose 5 lbs. Of course I've only been hitting the gym for the last 6-7 weeks and I was slow getting back into it because the pain I felt. I don't want a "schwarzenegger" type chest, I want to get rid of the man boobs. The other guys on the forum have flat chest 10 minutes after surgery. I will try to get before pics from the Dr. since I failed to get good before pics.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024