Author Topic: How to get rid of excess fats.. (after recovery from surgery)  (Read 1839 times)

Offline braless

• Posting Member
I had my surgery and gyne glands removed 20 days ago.  Now it shows that I still have excess fats on my chest especially below my armpits.  I was told that these fats can be easily removed by exercise. 

Does anyone in this forum who can suggest an exercise to target those fat areas?? would appreciate anyone's comments.

below is a link to my pics..

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23183.msg154570#msg154570

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
While the photos from 20 days post-op look better than the earlier ones, it still looks like quite a lot of fat was left behind.  You didn't comment on use of liposuction with your procedure, which would be critical for the fat of the chest and arm pit area.  This fat tends to be resistant to normal weight loss measures in patients with gynecomastia, and must be removed surgically.  You can attempt generalized fat loss with proper dieting and a general exercise program, but there is no such thing as "spot reduction" of fat through exercise--only through liposuction!

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline braless

• Posting Member
My doctor didn't tell me about the need for liposuction but If he did I would have grabbed it even if it will cost me more.  I've heard from somewhere that I have to wait at least 6 months before considering another revision. This is to allow my body to heal itself and the hardness behind the nipples and swelling will be gone.

Thanks so much Doc Rick..   Surely I will follow your advice to attempt generalized fat loss program with proper diet and see the results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024