Author Topic: What and how much info is appropriate to ask your potential gyn doctor?  (Read 2271 times)

Offline EdmondDantes

• Posting Member
I am editing my original post. The question: How much information do each of you potential/past gyn patients feel is enough to move forward with surgery? What makes you feel comfortable that you have found the right surgeon? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:00:11 PM by EdmondDantes »

Offline Aimster82

• Posting Member
You're paying them to do you a service. Not happy find someone else.

Just go to his office and see his pictures. If he can't show you enough where you are satisfied find another dr.

Just because they post on this forum doesn't mean they are the best or good. There might even be better next to you.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In all fairness, I have had some patients make some requests similar to the above.  But there is a limit.

Patient privacy is jealously guarded and protected by law.  A doctor simply cannot give out a patient's name and phone number.  He has to call a patient, ask if he would be willing to speak to a potential patient, and then ask him to call that patient.  AND NOT EVERY PATIENT WHO SAYS HE WILL DO SO ACTUALLY DOES IT. 

Sending photos of patients also requires the patient to allow it.

I think the doctor did everything he could to assist you -- he was cordial and sent you photos and asked several patients to call you. It was not his fault that only one patient actually did call you.

I have had some patients who initiated an email discussion with me -- and their questions went on and on for several emails. I am a busy doctor and I finally had to say "stop."  If you want all that information, I am not going to write a treatise for you -- come in to my office with all your questions and we will go over them, point by point.

Bottom line:  I think the doctor cooperated with you to a reasonable extent and I think you should be grateful for that.  You are not entitled to have the doctor respond and comply with everyone of your requests.

Finally, the best way to evaluate a doctor is to meet him and his staff.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline EdmondDantes

• Posting Member
Thank you. Good points made by both of you. Dr. Jacobs, do you typically have more photos you can show in your office than are posted on your website?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I do have hundreds of photos in my office.  I cannot post all of them online.  Secondly, not everyone gives me permission to post their photos online, even if they cannot be identified.

Dr Jacobs

Offline EdmondDantes

• Posting Member

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
Dr. Jacobs.. if I may ask. How many Crater Deformity revision surgeries have you done? You really don't mention much about it on your site. Do you have any such photo's of before and after for this issue?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I am in process of adding substantial new content and photos to my site, including info on treatment of crater deformities.

Check back soon.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024