Author Topic: To early to tell?  (Read 2316 times)

Offline blissful0520

• Posting Member
Hi Doctors,

Im on my 2 months post op. Had a liposuction done.Is it safe to say that this will be the final result because it didnt get flat. My chest got flat only from the first 2 weeks and later on it started to return back to its previous shape though there's a bit difference with the size,I dunno if its scar tissue or something but I"m still hoping that it will get smaller like after my operation.
I'm starting to do cardio exercises. Is it advisable as well to use contractubex for the scars?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Presumably, when your chest was flatter in the immediate post-operative period, you were wearing compression.  After you stop the compression, things will puff up a little, since the little bit of "natural swelling" returns (think of when you're wearing socks--the area below the sock is less puffy than the area above the sock if you've been standing all day).  There is likely still a little bit of swelling from the surgery which will continue to progress over the first year, so it may improve a little. Give it time.

As for the scar, I'm a fan of products that include silicone gel (Scarless, Scarfade, ScarGuard and so on). I haven't been impressed with Mederma, and the product you mention sounds like that.  But I'm not familiar with that specific product.  That would just go on the scars, however, not on the entire chest, and I believe you said you just had liposuction, so that scar should be pretty tiny.

I hope this helps.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
If you had predominantly glandular tissue pre- operatively and had only liposuction performed I would not anticipate complete resolution of your problem.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline blissful0520

• Posting Member
Hi Dr. Pensler,

I was examined by 2 Doctors and they informed that its more of fat tissue thats why they only performed liposuction.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024