Author Topic: Surgery fear  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Justanotherguy228

My doctor said surgery can be done to remove gyne

But I'm really afraid.
I'm 16.
After surgery I need to get back to school.
I'm afraid if it will be painful and bleeding would embarass me greatly in school.
Is there any pain after surgery?
What are the usual stuff doctors advise after surgery?

Does Gyne surgery reduce weight?

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
i plan on taking 5 days off of work for my surgery.  for school, i would imagine about the same amount of time. 

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
If you can wait, summer is really the best time for a student to have gyne surgery.  School won't be an interference and you won't have to come up with any "excuses" about anything.  And best of all, there's plenty of time for healing. 

Offline billowy

• Posting Member
There is a little pain, but it's really not that bad. You will be given pain killers to take home, but I found I didn't need them after a couple of days.

To put it in perspective, I had my wisdom teeth out recently and that was a 100 times worse for pain.

Markito

The pain in very minimal. I would actually describe it as a little discomfort, not painful. You will be sore for a few weeks, however, it just feels like you went to hard at the gym. You don't lose any weight from the surgery but your clothes will fit better immediately after surgery. Be sure to wear your vest daily after surgery for at least a month. Even if you feel like you don't need it, the vest will help the skin to conform to your new shape much faster. 

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I've heard the same thing about the pain.  Everyone says if feels like they have just done a heavy workout, and are sore and stiff from it like you would be the following day.  I have yet to get the surgery myself, so I can't speak from experience.  As far as school goes, and being able to get back to things quickly...perhaps you would be able to schedule a surgery during March Break?  Or even just before the holidays?  School is closed during that time too.  It wouldn't be too great not being able to move around that much during that time though, since the Christmas break is filled with visiting and all the normal hustle bustle.  If you had it during March break, you'd miss out on a week vaca, but you would be all healed up for summer, and could enjoy the warm temperatures without having to wear a compression vest, or worries of people seeing all the bruising etc.  In the spring, you can still wear layers to hide the vest, and none will be the wiser!  Just a thought...
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline cms5402

• Posting Member
Procedures are different and people's pain tolerances are different, but I have to chime in and say that my surgery was slightly more painful than I expected.  With people putting it on par with a rough workout, I didn't expect much.  I am 3 weeks post-op and still have moderate-high tenderness in my ribs and chest area and some general tightness.  It's getting better by the day and I LOVE my result, but it was definitely more than a rough workout for me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024