Author Topic: Dr fielding  (Read 3230 times)

Offline rubes

Hi all,

Went to a consult with dr fielding a while ago and was impressed by a lot of things we discussed.  I've read up on his via this forum and had basically made up my mind that he was going to do the surgery even before I went.  I consider my gyno case mild, and my cost is $2400 +tax + hos fees = just over $3K.  Now to me I know theres no question that this surgery is worth it and he's qualified to charge what he charges, but is that high?

I don't know if my occupation played a role in this cost but it seems like mine was higher then what others have stated.  I actually just finished university and have tons of debt to worry about, and make little money for what I do.  It was just a shock, I'm trying to get an idea as to what others think about this.....

Thanks

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Actually, that's cheap compared to most others out there.  I had mine done by Dr. Lista just over 2 weeks ago, and it cost me $6667 tax included.  His normal cost is $4900, but I had some extra lipo done on the sides of my chest which cost an extra $1000.  Fielding charges less because he does the work in a hospital, and OHIP covers part of the costs (the anesthesia part, and gland removal part if I recall - but could be wrong).  OHIP does not cover the lipo or his personal fee.  Bet your wondering why I chose Lista instead of Fielding aren't you?  I chose Dr. Lista because I preferred his method of surgery over Dr. Fieldings, and it was worth the additional cost to me.  He does not use an incision below the nipple which will leave a scar afterwards.  I have only 2 small incision marks on the sides of my chest where the lipo cannula was inserted.  He also used these holes to cut out and remove the glandular tissue using long narrow instruments specifically for this method of surgery.  My results are fantastic, and no one would ever know I had anything done at all once I'm all healed up (no tell tale scars under the nipple area).  Not to disuade you from Dr. Fielding, because he is definitely one of the very best in the country.  Many here have used him as (you know already) with great success.  At $3000, it's a steal.  Go for it, you'll be glad you did!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline rubes

Thanks for your honesty.  Been suffering for 6 years and decided enough is enough.  I'm excited but nervous as hell.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I know exactly how you feel!  Its amazing how quickly it all passes by though and your on the healing side.  Don't think about it too much.  You'll be glad you did it once its done  :).

Offline ak2809

Thanks for your honesty.  Been suffering for 6 years and decided enough is enough.  I'm excited but nervous as hell.

This. I'm having mine in 4 days and my anxiety has ramped right up.

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
thats pretty cheap. Mine was about 4400.00..

Offline rubes

Just got my surgery done on march 5th!  Excited to see the results when I take everything off in a few days.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Way to go rubes!  How are you feeling?  I was sore the first week, and moving fairly slowly, but otherwise o.k.  I definitely needed that first week off though, I'm glad the doctors suggest it strongly.  Post some pics when you can!  Happy healing.   :D

Offline rubes

I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to members like shakenbake and Grandpa Bambu for encouraging comments and reassurance.  To those who are reading this debating on wether getting surgery is a good idea: just do it, but make sure you get it done right.  Dr fielding was my choice for many reasons (read all threads related to him) and I'm very happy I went with him.  Here are some pics I took 7 days after surgery, I'm now 10 days after surgery and since I took these photos swelling has gone down a bit.  All the tissue is gone, no excess fat, and nipple look like they're going to be flat and normal.  He said he took out about 2 cups in total.

Any questions, let me know  :)

ps. images may be too large for this post so I uploaded them here:
hxxp://profile.imageshack.us/user/rube1972/

pps ignore the pink bandaids....

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
No thanks necessary rubes, I'm glad to help out and share my experiences with everyone.  I'm sure you will too as you read from new members that have lots of questions.  Now that you've been through it, it gives you new perspective on the whole thing.  I'm looking forward to seeing the pics you posted.  Once I'm back at home (I'm on my smartphone right now) I'm pop by again to have a peek.  Thanks again!!   ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024