Author Topic: Bilateral subcutaneous mastectomies  (Read 2517 times)

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Is Bilateral subcutaneous mastectomies JUST the removal of the gland, or is that the name of the full procedure when performing lipo + gland removal? I am bit confused here.. Thanks in advance!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Subcutaneous mastectomy is the comprehensive removal of breast tissue, which may involve liposuction or excision or both. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Subcutaneous mastectomy is the comprehensive removal of breast tissue, which may involve liposuction or excision or both. 

Rick Silverman

Thanks, doc

I was confused because my surgeon made it sound like he does lipo, or excision, but I don't recall him mentioning both simultaneously. Yet when I goto his website and see the before/afters some say Bilateral subcutaneous mastectomies, one says lipo and a few say Bilateral subcutaneous mastectomies with lipo in the chest area. I think I need both, but today at my pre op I was so damn nervous I forgot to confirm...pretty sure he will do both if need be all the pics that just say Bilateral subcutaneous mastectomies definitely look really good...maybe they didnt label all the before/after pics correctly?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024