Author Topic: best weather for getting surgery done and drains usage query...plzzz help  (Read 2760 times)

Offline rayofhope

• Posting Member
hey docs

i read someone posting that heat can delay recovery period post surgery...is this true...can i get a surgery done with peak afternoon temps of 32 degrees, will the excessive sweating have any effect on the healing process

also can I put on a compression vest by myself...or will i require someones help....and is a second stage compression vest a big deal

also lets say for some reason or shear human error a surgeon does not make use of drains when drains were needed...what are the drawbacks...and are any drawbacks of a permanant nature

thanks docs

Offline rayofhope

• Posting Member
sorry...but i also wanted to ask if its okay on the second day post surgery to lift your bag ...put it on the cab....go to the airport and again carry the bag around and so on.......is this okay

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not aware of heat causing any problem other than discomfort from feeling too warm.  You should be able to put the vest on by yourself.  If you switch to a compression shirt, such as UnderArmor, you may find it challenging to put on, in which case assistance might be helpful.  Regarding drains, they're rarely necessary.  I haven't used them in years. Finally, take a light bag, and you should be okay.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Weather should not have any effect on surgery. As far as drains I have not used them for years.
I feel even if there is a small collection of fluid it can be easily drained and drainage which takes seconds is preferable to wearing drains for days that are not totally effective.I have specific compression garments that I have found useful but this aspect of care is more of an art than a science.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline rayofhope

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Silverman and Dr. Pensker

I honestly feel priviledged to get my queries answered by true professionals

Offline rayofhope

• Posting Member
oh... and Dr. Silverman once i get this crap off my chest....next goal will be to hit the gym and get into shape like you..............honestly

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
oh... and Dr. Silverman once i get this crap off my chest....next goal will be to hit the gym and get into shape like you..............honestly

No reason to wait until after the surgery.  Results are definitely enhanced by a well-developed pectoralis muscle!

Good luck.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024