Author Topic: crease in nipples  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Mothas

• Posting Member
I had very large puffy nipples when i had gynecomastia .They stuck out about 1 inch and the skin around it was somewhat softer but barely noticeable . I had stretch marks from their rapid growth the last year on my chest and i was wondering if that is my problem.

I have a crease along the middle of my left nipple and above it theres a crease with alot of bruising. I can not see the middle part of my nipple as it's in this big crease. My right side on the other hand is going along perfectly and looks like the succesful ones on this site. Is it because he took out a bigger gland from my left side then my right. It was about twice the size of my right sides gland. Will this go away with time when all the swelling goes down since the left side is alot more swollen and bruised then my seemingly perfect other side.

P.S.- He used stitches on my nipples witch i did not see on the many other big nipple cases he showed me .Maybe because they were after six weeks but i'm not sure. Will this nipples fix with time

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
In some patients with very large areolae pre-operatively, after removal of the gland, it can take a while until the areola shrinks down to a more normal size--and in some patients, it may never shrink down far enough, compelling peri-areolar skin reduction.  These larger areolae can be irregular in appearance early on, and with time, much of the irregularity resolves. It is possible, however, that a crease might persist, requiring some intervention. It can be confusing when there is a lot of asymmetry pre-operatively, since both sides may  look different immediately after surgery.  Time will tell. 

RIck Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Mothas

• Posting Member
In some patients with very large areolae pre-operatively, after removal of the gland, it can take a while until the areola shrinks down to a more normal size--and in some patients, it may never shrink down far enough, compelling peri-areolar skin reduction.  These larger areolae can be irregular in appearance early on, and with time, much of the irregularity resolves. It is possible, however, that a crease might persist, requiring some intervention. It can be confusing when there is a lot of asymmetry pre-operatively, since both sides may  look different immediately after surgery.  Time will tell. 

RIck Silverman

Nipple with the crease is starting to look better now as it shrinks more. Both sides are looking preety good now

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Glad to hear that.  It takes time!

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024