Author Topic: hormones in cows milk  (Read 2955 times)

Offline person1234

i have recently read many articles stating that in cows milk there are lots hormones (oestrogen),that can cause gyno. i am 16 years old at about 8% body fat and i have a mild-ish case of puffy nipples and i have had it for around 3 years. one of my theories for why it hasn't gone away yet is because i drink ALOT of cows milk. i am currently running an experiment where i have eliminated almost all dairy products from my diet for a number of weeks to see if there any changes. i am hoping because i'm still going through puberty my hormones may not have fully settled. i know i do not have a testosterone deficiency because i have facial hair and my voice has depended but i have not yet stopped growing.

Offline Wanted

• Posting Member
I have exactly what you do and about a year ago I did this... Didn't have one dairy product (including ANY soy or milk products) for two months or so. Maybe you are going to do it longer but I had NO difference good luck.. :(

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Hormones are given to animals being raised for meat. The intent is to accelerate their growth. Supposedly the hormones are then withdrawn long enough prior to slaughter that the levels in the meat are not raised.

A pregnant animal (or human for that matter) will naturally have an elevated level of Estrogen and that level will drop at the time of delivery. It is the sudden drop in Estrogen, among other things, that triggers lactation. If Estrogen was given to the animal at this point, it would actually suppress lactation. I do not know what kinds of hormones might be given (if any) to stimulate or increase milk output but you can be sure it is not going to be Estrogen.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024