Author Topic: cannot decide which to choose  (Read 1711 times)

Offline rayden

I am 30 yrs odl and I have been having social issues for a very long time…around the time I was 20….recently it reached a point where a gy almost touched my chest and asked me questions as to why I have breasts and I almost hit him. I decided to have it checked out to confirm if I have gynecomastia.

I stay in a small place in middle east and options out here are very limited.
I went to doc 1 and he said that I have glands and surgery is a must to get rid of gyne. According to him he will make an incision under the arm and through that he will do lipo as well as remove the glands. This will cost 5000$

To be sure I went to Doc 2 and he asid that he will make an incision as well and that will be only for lipo. For glands he said he will make a small cut under the nipple and remove the gland. This will cost 4000$

I wanted to know if any one has done the procedure where gland and fat are removed via the incision under the arm pit.
Is it better than the cut-under-the-nipple procedure?I have also mentioned the prices for both the procdure but at this point I am mor concerned about the job well done than the price !!
Also is any one of the methods, harmful than the other?
I am going to schedule my surgery for the end of the week and I am very confused which doctor to choose.

Thanks guy…I really need your help on this !!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
While it's easy to do liposuction from the armpit region (I use a small incision in the fold in the front part of the armpit), it's not very easy to remove gland from this approach without special instrumentation, such as a cutting liposuction cannula.  I think that Dr. Jacobs on this site uses a device of this nature in some of his patients.  I have found that a second short incision along the edge of the areola gives me the best results in removing glandular tissue, in conjunction with liposuction as described.  Before you sign up for a procedure from either surgeon, you should try to understand how often he does the surgery and what sort of results he gets. If you can see some photos and speak to other patients, that would also be helpful.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I utilize a small incision in the axilla (armpit) for infusion of tumescent solution and liposuction and a small periareolar incision for direct excision of the gland. Excision of the gland via an axillary incision does not make much sense to me.The overwhelming majority of my patients require excision of some glandular tissue so it would be extremely unusual for me to recommend liposuction alone.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024