Author Topic: Six months have passed. I'm gonna have surgery.  (Read 1976 times)

Offline BlueKiwi

• Posting Member
Hello again!
I guess you don't remember me but I posted here 6 months ago.
Back then I said I was going to lose the extra fat and see what it does to my gyno.

I went down 6 kilograms and I look quite thin now. The problem is there wasn't ANY fat in my chest so now my breasts are even more proeminent.
There's no way I'm gonna stay like this and I'm thinking about surgery. I (hopefully) have the money and the will power to go through this.

I had an inguinal hernia surgery about 8 months ago and since then I've had a "boney thing" under the scar tissue. My surgeon said it was normal and in most cases it goes away. but mine didn't. Well I have to admit it got smaller but it's still there and I can't imagine spending thousands of dollars on a gyno surgery and then grow that boney thing under the scar tissues. I think it would look a lot like gyno and the surgery will be useless?

Do you have any advice about this? Are there big chances that I will grow that boney thing after the surgery? Is it something thay can be avoided with a good surgeon or it's something that my body will decide? And if it will appear, (from your experience) does it get bothersome? I mean it can't be as bad as a gyno...

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not sure any of us know what you mean by a "boney thing," other than you might have some scar tissue.  Scar formation after gynecomastia surgery does occur, but it can be managed if it does develop.  It isn't typically more than the gynecomastia was originally, but it can compromise the result.  While it isn't surgeon dependent, it's always best to choose a surgeon who does a lot of gynecomastia surgery to give you the best chance at a good result.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery