Author Topic: Just had kenalog shot, area around areola has gone pale/white...  (Read 3127 times)

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
So I had a kenalog shot done by Karidis earlier for my scar tissue, he did warn the shot could cause a whitening effect sometimes.. Wasnt quite sure what he meant.

Anyway, I've just looked now, the shot was around 6-7 hours ago and since then its been fine, but now the area all around my areola (prob circumference of about 6-7cm has gone pale white... Is this likely to be permanant? He did advise he injected it deep into the scar area (I think to avoid this..)

Could this be temporary/something else? Or am I screwed? Also, is there any way to treat this issue if it is permanant?

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
I've also emailed my Dr. Karidis for his opinion, but would like some other opinions too. Can hypopigmentation occur at such a size so soon after the injection?

He did advise he only used a small amount also and injected it deep.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Any pallor that you notice at this point is not hypopigmentation, which is a late effect rather than something you'd notice immediately.  I would imagine that what you see at present is temporary and will resolve on its own.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Thanks, it's gone now, Karidis also advised it was temporary! Relief..

Another query, immediately after the shot the area enlarged as expected, it appears it may have got even bigger since, the nipple now appear to be puffed right out, looks just like when I had gyno pretty much! haha. Is it normal for it stay enlarged for that time period, and how often will it usually stay enlarged for?

He advised he wasn't putting a lot in, and it's increased in size so much I can't really wear a t-shirt because it sticks right out!! Dread to think what it'd look like if he put a lot in!!

Any idea on how long before I can expect to have atleast reduced back to the size it was pre-shot?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024