Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Danielson

• Posting Member
Im 19 and around 7 months ago i started developing puffy nipples or gyno. I've been working out 4 times a week over the past two years and have never came into contact with steroids. Due to my lack of energy i decided to try a Testosterone Booster from GNC, it worked quite well and nothing seemed to be going wrong. I only used the booster for around a month and then stopped, 4 months later i started noticing that i was developing a lump under my nipple which has made it stick out around a quarter of an inch.

My nipples are not sensitive but once in awhile they itch a little bit. I'm not sure if the Booster would've been the cause of this because of the time frame that elapsed before any noticeable symptoms appeared.

What should i be seeking to do? I showed my doctor but he was unconcerned because the lump under my nipples are not easy for him to detect.

The tests i've gone through so far include a mammogram and ultrasound, doctor said he couldn't really find anything other than a bit of breast tissue.

Thanks. 

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would continue to stop using your "testosterone booster".I am not worried about your itching ,I would give things a few months and once the dust settles reevaluate your situation.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Danielson

• Posting Member
Yeah i only used the Test booster for a month, Its been more than a year since.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I recommend that my patients who develop gynecomastia related to supplement use wait six months after the development to see if the condition resolves on its own.  In those patients in whom it doesn't resolve, surgery is generally required if the condition warrants it.  In your case, it's difficult to say if surgery is needed--You should speak with a surgeon about that--But it sounds like you've gotten whatever resolution you might expect, if you've been off the product for a year already.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Danielson

• Posting Member
I appreciate the reply back. I think it would still be in my best interest to get my estrogen and testosterone checked to evaluate the cause of this breast enlargement. There may be a slight possibility that this gynecomastia could just be from a weight increase that i've also had lately, the weight i put on wasn't substantial but it was around 12 pounds and it seems that most of my fat does in fact go to my chest.

Here are a couple things that i've noticed about my situation:

- My nipple area can be stretched a couple inches outward

- When applying pressure to my nipple inward i don't feel any gland stopping me from pushing in.

- When squeezing my nipple i can feel more than one round object moving around under my nipple, im guessing one of them is probably the gland, I'm unsure what the others are from.

- If i squeeze the tips of my nipples a clear discharge comes out although very little, according to my research it seems to just be my nipple ducts clearing.

- My nipples aren't sensitive but i've developed a habit out of pinching them, by the end of the day its usually a little sore

- My areolas are normal size and i've always been thin (still am)

If you would like next post i can attach a picture for you to get a better idea, although i try to stay away from posting any pictures online.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
PIctures would be helpful.  You should have your levels checked, but they'll probably be normal.  Of course, if they're not, then that should be addressed.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024