Author Topic: Breast MRI  (Read 6056 times)

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I just had my first mammogram. And as everyone advised the staff was more than professional and made me feel quite comfortable.  The protocol at this facility required an ultrasound as part of a diagnostic mammogram.  The ultrasound was clear however the mammogram showed a mass of glandular tissue that requires further evaluation.  The radiologist recommended a MRI of my right breast. (FYI I had a MRI of my pituitary recently that indicated that everything was normal.) I was quite surprised in that I've never felt anything "solid" in my breast.  Needless to say I'm somewhat anxious about this finding.  Has anyone had a breast MRI?  My endo mentioned that in women they usually do a biopsy in this situation.

hammer

I just had my first mammogram. And as everyone advised the staff was more than professional and made me feel quite comfortable.  The protocol at this facility required an ultrasound as part of a diagnostic mammogram.  The ultrasound was clear however the mammogram showed a mass of glandular tissue that requires further evaluation.  The radiologist recommended a MRI of my right breast. (FYI I had a MRI of my pituitary recently that indicated that everything was normal.) I was quite surprised in that I've never felt anything "solid" in my breast.  Needless to say I'm somewhat anxious about this finding.  Has anyone had a breast MRI?  My endo mentioned that in women they usually do a biopsy in this situation.

Cisco, no MRI but ultrasound and mammogram. I just want to wish you the best of luck! We will keep you in our thoughts an prayers.

Bob

Offline walt

• Gold Member
i had a mamo and a bi lateral ultrasound. the films showed a few spots that are cysts,some have drained ,but otherwise all ok here , the tec was very good about what to expect and said they now do about 4 to 5 men every few weeks.my endo wants me to get another mamo in 2 years. anyhow good luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It has been my experience that the things I worried most about never happened Or they worked out just fine.

Worry is not just a great waste of time, it actually causes headaches.

My Doctors are well paid to worry for me, so I do not need to do it myself.

That is not to say life is without problems, just that they usually sneak up on you. Worry will not change that.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
It has been my experience that the things I worried most about never happened Or they worked out just fine.

Worry is not just a great waste of time, it actually causes headaches.

My Doctors are well paid to worry for me, so I do not need to do it myself.

That is not to say life is without problems, just that they usually sneak up on you. Worry will not change that.

I have to agree with Paa Paw, don't worry because it only causes problems.  Don't buy trouble is how I've put it for years.  The probability that I will die in the next 35 years is close to 100%.  However, the devil is in the details.  Which of the many health problems will nail me?  Who knows but I could spend all my time worried and not enjoy things.  Instead I just trust that something will do me in, slowly or quickly or both and don't worry about.  There is that icon of my generation, Alfred E Newman, "What, me worry?, who says it all.  Have fun.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, thanks for your response and support.  I spoke with my doctor (endo) and she provided further clarification.  The mammo showed a growth of glandular tissue that at initial investigation does not appear to be cancerous. But for the sake of caution they recommend the MRI to confirm and to determine the type/nature of the tissue growth. This info has calmed my anxiety but will feel best when I receive the results.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, I have good news.  The breast imaging examination i.e. mammogram and breast MRI came back normal and clear. And the official diagnosis is (drum roll please) gynecomastia. I've lived with this since I was a teenager and there is certainly no need to make any changes now.  Have a great 4th of July!

hammer

Congrats! You have a great 4th as well!

Bob

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
My mom had a breast MRI (she had breast cancer a few years ago) and she vowed never to do again, she had to lay face down in the MRI for over an hour.  She was miserable. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024