Author Topic: Is this Gynecomastia or just fat tissue?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline marcco

• Posting Member
Hello,

I need an opinion on whether there is Gynecomastia present or not.
I have some fat on my chest, so Liposuction will definitively be required.
But what about enlarged glands? Are there any, or is it just all fat?

I am 28 years old, 185cm (6 feet and 0.83 inches) and 79kg (174 pounds). I do not know what body fat percentage do I have.
Got this shape of chest when I was 14.5 years old, and still have it up to this date. At that time(14,5 years old) I started putting on a weight. 6 months later I got an asthma. And had it for around 3 years (from 15 to 18). During that period I was using Becotide and Flixotide inhalers which are both corticosteroid. I read somewhere that steroids could cause Gynecomastia, so this is why I am mentioning those.
I have never used body-building sterioids though, nor bodybuilding.

Areola and nipples could be bit a larger than this. It was quite cold in the room, so they shrank a bit.

That scar you see on my left part of the chest is quite old, I got it when I was 5 from burn. Just neglect it.

Ignore the date on images, it's not correct. The date should be present one.
Just copy the link into your web browser and hit Enter.

Front:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/xtf2.jpg

Front with raised arms:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/2lr5.jpg

Right profile:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/72vh.jpg

Left profile:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/ggxh.jpg

Thank you.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Based on your photos, you have gynecomastia.  The composition cannot be determined by looking at photos, and in many cases, even physical examination won't tell how much is fat versus "gland," so a combination of liposuction with excision should be considered for correction. 

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline marcco

• Posting Member
Thank you for the confirmation Dr. Silverman.
Will definitively plan the surgery intervention in the next few months.

I was interested whether there is an enlarged gland tissue or not. Not the ratio between it and the fat tissue (which is evident).

Your second sentence was clear enough, and I understand that by just looking at the photos, one can not be sure whether there are an enlarged glands or not.
Still you seem to be positive that there are.

Would you be so kind to tell me how did you identify the enlarged gland tissue? Are there some signs that could be spotted by looking at the photos only? Enlarged nipples? Or something else?

Thank you.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I based my opinion on your body composition (appearance) and history, along with my experience with previous patients.  A distended areola is often associated with glandular tissue. 

RS

Offline marcco

• Posting Member
Thank you Doctor Silverman.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024